Tuesday, April 26, 2022

V is for Validation and for Valuing the Truth

 


V is for Validation and for Valuing the Truth

We are in the final week of the blogging challenge -- April A to Z! I'm beginning to run out of words! Is anyone else experiencing this?

I looked up validation on Merriam Webster's site and here is the meaning:

an act, process, or instance of validating 

I don't know about you but I hate those kinds of answers. So what did I do next, I looked up validity and here is the meaning:

the quality of being well-grounded, sound, or correct

What does that have to do with being 63? I hope that by this age that I'm fairly well grounded so does that mean I'm valid? I've never heard the word used that way.

I looked it up on yourdictionary.com and one of the meanings of validity is: the state of being valid, authentic, or genuine. I've written about authenticity here!

Do you remember when we had to write sentences with our vocab words? Yourdictionary.com has a tab for sentences! How about this one? "She had to research the topic for hours to ensure the validity of her argument blog post." Aha! That is how I'm working Validation into this post!

What about Valuing the Truth?

I think that the older I get, the more I value the truth. I don't want to waste time on someone else's lies or half truths. I never discuss politics but I wish our politicians valued the truth. 

Don't be telling lies to me. I value the truth! :-)


p.s. I totally realize that this isn't my best writing! 



2 comments:

  1. Valuing the truth is key. It seems politicians everywhere suffer from a lack of truth, sad to say.

    Visiting from https://cassmobfamilyhistory.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for visiting! I so wish for honest politicians

      Delete