Wednesday, April 27, 2022

All things "V" Hodgepodge

 


1. What does the word values mean to you personally? Where did your values come from? What are some of the values that have guided you throughout your life? Values, to me, means those things we think are important. Some of my basic values came from my parents. After I typed that sentence, I actually googled the meaning of “values” just to make sure I was headed in the right direction. One definition: a person’s principles or standards of behavior; one’s judgement of what is important in life. Yes! I remember my daddy saying that there would be a lot of things we didn’t want to do in life but that there were things we did simply because it was the right thing to do. I actually remember the conversation and he has been dead since I was 25 and I’m 63. Someone had died and I didn’t want to go to the funeral/funeral home. I’m glad he taught me those things. This is one of our family values -- We both felt that it was important to raise our kids in the church. In our home, we got up and got dressed and went to church on Sunday morning.

2. Your favorite vanilla flavored something? I love to smell vanilla extract – when you are baking and the recipe calls for a teaspoon (or more) – it just smells so good.

3. What's something you've seen/done recently that you found to be very difficult, very confusing, very helpful, very interesting, or very special. Elaborate. I know that EVERYONE is ready for this semester to end so that I will quit talking about my Sociology class. I should be embarrassed about how much I’ve talked about it . . .but I’m not! It has been very difficult being back in a college class at 63. It has also been VERY interesting. Oh my goodness. Every single week I’ve had at least one (usually multiple) aha moments!

4. Something you own and love that is violet in color? I don’t think I own anything that is violet in color.

5. Do you have vacation plans on the calendar this summer? Tell us more. Yes! We are headed to Italy and Germany this summer and are so excited! We may take a little trip with our kids, spouses, and grandkids, too. We usually go to the beach but I think our son wants to go to the mountains.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  I’ve been participating in the April A to Z blog challenge and it is over tomorrow. I did it!

15 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful trip, without any snafus. I think international travel is still a bit of a mixed bag so praying yours is stress free! I think the A-Z ends Saturday lol. We still have xyz and they're hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct about the A to Z challenge! I have no idea why I typed that! I guess I was thinking "finish line is in sight"!! You are right - XYZ are hard!

      Delete
  2. I used to think vanilla was boring but now I LOVE it. Hey, if I'd gone back to college and enjoyed it, I'd be shouting from the rooftops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree “doing what is right” by your values, is very important.

    Vanilla smells delicious but too large a quantity can be overpowering, like any perfume.

    Getting through a major health issue has been my very difficult “adventure” this past year.

    Violet? I adore violets and I love purple generally. I have a lilac leather jacket and matching boots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to see the lilac leather jacket and boots! Have you written about them and posted photos?

      Delete
  4. I've really enjoyed your posts in the A to Z!! Thanks so much for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Italy and Germany. How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited. My husband is ready to pack now hahahaha!

      Delete
  6. How fun to look forward to that trip to Italy and Germany. I think the beach would be a perfect setting for a trip with the grands and all. Hope the last few days of April go well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Italy and Germany? Sounds awesome! We had planned a Germany trip but realized we don't particularly care for the style of beer they make/drink so it wouldn't be as fun as any other place. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a double bock (sp?) beer that my husband likes. I just love going to other places and having new experiences!

      Delete
  8. Your vacation trip sounds wonderful. It has been many years since I took grandchildren to a zoo, but have wonderful memories of those days. Speaking of which, congratulations on finishing the challenge and having such a fun story and pictures to end it with.

    ReplyDelete