1. How has your life most benefited from the Internet? Whether it’s meeting people, cutting business overhead, finding rare collectibles, or simply sharing funny cat pictures, share how the web has made life easier.
I use the internet every single day. I have a hard time remembering what life was like without it. At our supper club last night, we were talking about how addicted we are to our phones. We google facts and definitions. We post on social media. When the internet is out, we have a hard time working in our office. How has it made life easier? When I need something, I go to Amazon and order it and it is here in two days - that is pretty easy!
2. The getaway car is waiting outside – where is it taking you?
To the airport where I will board a flight to Tahiti or Australia.
3. Do you reply to comments on your blog? All of them? Or just the really interesting ones? Do you go back to check if the authors or the blogs you comment on reply to your comments?
I wish I received more comments on my blog!! I usually do reply to all of them because I only get one or two if any.
4. On average, how long does it take you to make an important decision?
My husband says that I'm "I like it . . I want to buy it!" Using those words it sounds like I make important decisions quickly but I don't think that is true. I try to look at the pros and cons of big decisions before making a final decision.
5. Do you gather a lot of information prior to making the decision, or do you go with your gut in the heat of the moment?
See above . . .sounds like I go with my gut! I do gather some information. I usually go online (see #1!) and read the reviews of the product I'm about to purchase. I will often ask opinions on facebook -- I did that when I was purchasing an appliance.
6. What’s the most important thing you’ve learned recently?
What a tough question! I've learned some important things about the Bible lately. I've also learned some important things about myself lately.
My thumb on my right hand is double jointed!
8. Rate the level of intensity you have about wanting to know God – no desire, low priority, curious, great desire, high priority, desperate to learn more. Explain your answer.
I personally think there is a God shaped hole in all of us. In the 1600's, Blaise Pascal wrote about this abyss that only God can fill. With that said, I'm on a constant quest to know God better - some days I do an ok job of this and some days I'm horrible at trying to know God better.
9. What’s one of your nicknames? How did you get that nickname?
I don't think I have any nicknames! When I was a little girl, my dad called me Hoss. Don't ask.
10. What do you have to have with you when you travel? Why?
How far am I going? What mode of transportation? Will I spend the night? Those are important questions. If I'm spending the night, I always take my own pillow (allergies!). I try to always have Dramamine and Ativan with me (motion sickness).
11. What do you think about reading books on an electronic reading device? Do you have an electronic reading device? Do you love it? Why? If you don’t love it, why not?
I love my Kindle. I spend way too much money on books because . . .see #1 above. When I finish one book, I can just load another! When I ride my bike everyday (stationary), I can put the kindle on a stand and read while I ride. I can read in the bed while my husband is asleep. Sometimes I do like an actual paper book because I can underline and write in the margins.
If you had asked me this question a few years ago I would have answered paper but today . . .keyboard. I don't enjoy writing on my phone but tablet or computer are both great.
13. If the shoes make the man (or woman), what do your shoes say about you right now? (Assuming you’re wearing shoes. Although if you’re not, that certainly says something, too.)
My feet are propped up (in the recliner) and they have no shoes but the shoes I'm wearing are flip flops - ALL. THE. TIME. I wear them until I have to wear boots and I get them out as soon as it is above 50 degrees. I guess that says I am a beach bum who lives 4 1/2 hours from the beach!
14. Describe your favorite pair of shoes.
I love Vionic flip flops but I guess my favorite pair of shoes is a pair of gold Antelope sandals.
15. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one ability or quality, what would it be?
To be able to eat like a normal person and NOT gain weight! I know that my answer should be something important - like wake up with the ability to bring about world peace or stop human trafficking - but just being honest here!