Welcome to Sunday Stealing. Bev steals all types of questions from the internet! Cheers to all of us thieves!
Stolen from Pinterest
1. when did you last sing to yourself
probably in the car - sometimes I might pretend that I can sing as well as the professionals!
2. if you’re male, would you ever rock black nail polish? if you’re female, would you ever rock really really short hair? When I was pregnant with our twins, I had my hair cut pretty short for multiple reasons. 1. I was sick as a dog and didn't want hair in the way 2. I was sick as a dog and didn't want to deal with hot rollers, etc. 3. My doctor wouldn't allow me to have a "perm/body wave" because of the high risk - isn't that crazy these days?
3. what is the greatest accomplishment of your life? I have several - one is that I have survived (with the help of God and many friends and family members) some serious traumas. The second is that I gave birth to twins - who are pretty amazing people!!
4. what is the first happy memory that comes to mind, recent or otherwise? Thursday night, my friend and I laughed and talked a lot while at dinner and during intermission at Hamilton and while walking to and from the parking deck and dinner and while in the car. It was good for my soul!
5. if you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? We are headed out of the country soon. If I knew that I was going to die in a year, I would probably schedule a few other BIG trips plus I would spend as much time as possible with friends and family. Maybe they could travel with me???
6. do you have a bucket list? if so, what are the top three things? The first thing is that I want to be remembered for living a life where I loved God and loved others well. Just FYI - all others. My next bucket item is to see the Northern Lights. We are actually talking about going to Iceland in October for that very reason.
7. how do you feel about tattoos and piercings? My daughter and daughter-in-law both have a couple of small tattoos. I have pierced ears and I actually have a second piercing in each ear. I need to put some good earrings in those extra holes and start wearing double earrings 🙂 again.
8. do you feel you had a happy childhood? Even though I suffered some trauma around age 5 and my dad had a major accident when I was in the 6th grade (but he was eventually ok) and my mom died when I was a sophomore in high school . . .even with all that and more, I think I had a pretty good childhood. I always knew that I was loved. I always had enough to eat. I always had a home and a bed to sleep in and running water. I always had friends. That sounds pretty happy to me.
8. when did you last cry in front of another person? I teared up this last week. We hosted a funeral for a 25 year old man who died of a massive heart attack. The week before he died, he memorized the 23rd psalm and recorded himself on his phone. He was so excited to send it to his mentor. They showed the recording at his service. When I watched it in my office, I cried . . .but no one was in there. I guess the last time I really cried in front of someone was back in July when we were living in the hotel.
9. who in the world would you most like to receive a letter from and what would you want it to say? I would love to receive a letter from my parents who have both been dead a long time . . .and I would want them to tell me their story and for them to tell me that they loved me.
10. what is your night time routine? I get off work and come home. We eat dinner and watch a couple of episodes of whatever we are watching at the time. We floss and brush and take our meds and turn on our white noise and go to bed! Sometimes I read after we get in bed but sometimes I don't.
11. when was your last 3am conversation with someone, and who were they to you? Our power went off at 2:00 a.m. on Thursday morning and Mark and I had a mumbled conversation with each other.
12. if you were about to die, and you could only say one more sentence to one person, what would you say and to whom? I love you to whoever was with me. We don't say I love you often enough in this world.
13. what is your opinion on brown eyes? I love brown eyes - my husband and both children have chocolate brown eyes!
14. pick a quote and describe what it means to you personally. I like this one a lot! I do not at all understand the mystery of grace - only that it meets us where we are but does not leave us where it found us. Anne Lamott
15. what would you title the autobiography of your life so far? She tried hard and she laughed a lot!