Sunday, January 8, 2023

Sunday Stealing

 I'm joining up with Sunday Stealing with this week's questions. Thank you to Bev for scouring the internet for us!!

1, If you could change the ending to one movie you have seen, which one would it be, and how would you reshoot it? If you’ve read my blog for any time at all, you know that I rarely see a movie. I did go see the new Black Panther movie recently. I don’t know how I would reshoot the ending – I enjoyed the movie.

2. If you were to select a food that best describes your character, what food would it be? How about French fries? Salty! I can be a tad salty. Or how about Baked Alaska? Sometimes I shoot off like a rocket!

photo from artimasa

photo by dansukker

3. If you could cure any disease, which would it be? I want to say cancer (and I do!) but my brother-in-law has Parkinson’s and we stand by and watch as he gets progressively worse so maybe I would want to cure Parkinson’s . . .and cancer.

4. If you had to describe the single worst thing a friend could do to you, what would it be? That is an unusual question. At 64 I hope I have surrounded myself with friends who have my back. When I was younger, there were a few along the way who were back stabbers. That always hurts but I imagine it is not the single worst thing!

5. If you could be a contestant on any game show, which would you like to be on? I’m not very good at games so I may need to take a pass!!

6. If you could choose the music at your own funeral, what would it be, and who would play it? There is a song called “Give Me Jesus” and I would love for Anna U. to play the piano and for Scott B. to sing it. I would also like some upbeat music -celebrate my life.

7. If you had to spend all of your vacations for the rest of your life in the same place, where would you go? We’ve been going to Orange Beach, AL for many years (35+) so I know that would be good. You didn’t say how “small” the one place would be so could I spend all of my vacations in Europe?

8. If you could ask God a single question, what would  it be? Why do babies get sick and die?

9. If you could eat one food in any quantity for the rest of your life with no ill effects whatsoever what food would you choose? One of my all time favorite foods is French fries dipped in ketchup. I wish I could eat them and not gain weight.

10. If you could have a year any place in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go? I would love to go to Australia! Or travel around all of Europe for a year and stay in 5 star hotels!! I also have always said that I think I could live in Israel for six months . . .if someone was paying, I might like to do that for a year.

11. If you could forever eliminate one specific type of prejudice from the earth, which would it be? I’ve struggled with weight so that would be the easy answer. In all seriousness, if I could, I would eliminate racial prejudice. The older I get, the more I learn about the inequalities suffered by many.

12. If you could own one painting from any collection in the world but were not allowed to sell it, which work of art would you select? I’ve always loved Starry Night by van Gogh.

13. If you could ask a single question of a dead relative, what would it be and of whom would you ask it? I would love to ask my mother to tell me about her life – from as early as she could remember all the way to the end. She died at 50 when I was a sophomore in high school

I'm the baby

14. If you had to choose the best television show ever made, which one would you pick? I can’t pick. I grew up watching Andy Griffith and there were some good lessons in those shows. I love The Big Bang Theory and have watched those episodes multiple times. I don’t know if either of those would be classified as “the best” television shows though.

15. If you could write letters to only one person for the rest of your life, who would receive them? This is two people but I would write to our granddaughters. I probably should do that anyway!!

7 comments:

  1. Bi Bang Theory is a great show - I know - I'm a total geek (not as bad as those guys though).

    Geeks are good.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your answer about French fries made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a great week, too!

    ReplyDelete