Sunday, January 22, 2023

Sunday Stealing

 Sunday Stealing - thank you to Bev for the questions!!!

1. You are back in high school... what are you doing after school lately? The first three years of high school I was hanging out with friends and doing homework. My senior year was different – I was dating a boy so we hung out a lot. I was also in the color guard so we had practice some afternoons. The crowd I was running with changed . . . and I imagine there was some pot smokin’ going on. Just being real here. That was a long time ago!!

2. Do you do homework early or late? Do you really study? I like to get it done ahead of time – back then and now! Back then, I didn’t have to study  much and made all A’s and National Honor Society. At 64, I have to study.

3. a, Do you go to the games? Football? Basketball.. what is your favorite to attend? Yes on the football games! Friday Night Lights!! I went to a few basketball games but not many. We had so much fun on Friday nights at the football games so that would have been my favorite.

 b. Do you go to the dances? Prom? (what'd you wear?) We only had one dance a year that I remember and it was prom. I was never asked. My senior year I was dating someone and we could have gone but decided not to spend the money. I wish we had spent the money.

4.Lunch!  What are we having today?   What is your favorite lunch? I’m writing this on Saturday but I know that I’ll be working a lunch at church on Sunday and we are having Friday Special from Taziki’s which is a pasta and chicken dish. My favorite lunch . . .I prefer leftovers or a lean cuisine or something I have meal prepped over a sandwich.

5. What kind of music do you like the best? I listen to different kinds of music when I'm in different moods. My "airplane play list" has from Eye of the Tiger to the sound track from Wicked to Christian music and everything in between.

6. Does the radio play in your car and if so what station or kind of music plays?  Does music play in your home often? I usually like peace and quiet in the car. I play music when I'm home alone.

7. What do you think of the music played in restaurants or stores? Do you find it relaxing or annoying? Since our home burned, we've been living in an apartment over a hair salon and two restaurants. They (not sure which one) play a lot of music and I can hear . . .maybe feel . . .the bass beat. It gets annoying.

8. What part has music played in your life? What kind of music played at your wedding or at parties you have been to? I really enjoy music and used to play it my office and my car all of the time but the older I get, the less I listen.

9. Is the farm for you? How about a ranch, a village or a city? Which is your choice and why? My husband has been "on the farm" this weekend and he killed this!



Farm life is probably not for me. I could definitely try living on a ranch or in a village. I've always thought it would be cool to live in a loft in our downtown. I guess I'm actually living in a loft now . . .but in the suburbs.

10. A short auto trip for the weekend with friends or a long vacation? Where would you go?  I enjoy both kinds of trips. Sometimes the weekend trips leave me feeling tired rather than refreshed because you have to go go go to cram it in. We are headed back to Israel in a few weeks but that isn't really a vacation for me.

11. The quiet life at home with a cuppa and TV or  a good book or a night out with friends? Which sounds good today? I enjoy a little of both every day. I love to read and I love to watch something great on TV but I really really enjoy a good night out with friends. While Mark was out of town, I went out to eat with several friends and enjoyed a beverage and dinner.

12. You have a choice of  dinner and a movie or a game of cards and snacks at the neighbors. Where are you going tonight? I think I'll stay in tonight! 

13. Is there a hero or character on TV, in a book or a movie .. or even on all three, that you are especially like? What do you find attractive about them? I do not have a good answer for this question!!

14.  Was there a book that was better in movie form? How about a movie you thought didn't live up to the book? I'm much more of a reader than a movie watcher so I'm going to go with "the book is always better."

15. When you choose a book, program or movie which subject it is most likely to be: science fiction, mystery, romance, documentary? I love a good mystery or thriller!! I did just finish the book, "Lessons in Chemistry" and really loved it and that is not my normal genre., r


 

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Did you ever watch the old show Green Acres? The theme song lyrics were: Green Acres is the place to be.
      Farm livin' is the life for me.
      When I read your comment, that tune was immediately in my head!

      Delete
  2. I love farm life and prefer it, grin. Have a beautiful week, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard someone talking yesterday about growing up on a farm in Italy - that sounds like it might be interesting!!

      Delete
  3. "The older I get, the less I listen" -- me, too! I've all sorts of music at my fingertips but rarely listen, unless I need hyped up to clean house. You've piqued my curiosity about Lessons in Chemistry! Going to investi*Google it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good to step out of the comfort zone and read something different sometimes. I admire you for returning to school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Sometimes I'm embarrassed when I tell people that I didn't finish college and am now back in school. Your comment was/is salve to my soul!

      Delete
  5. I can't tell what your husband killed. I guess it is meat in the freezer time. I like most music. I like to have it on when I am Bible journaling. Are you back in school? That is great. Going to Israel? I would like too but can't sit down for long periods of time. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He killed a giant hog and it is actually not good for eating. He doesn't usually kill things that can't be eaten but in south Alabama we have trouble with hogs - they are incredibly destructive and sometimes they have to thin the herd.
      I am back in school. I didn't finish when I was young and have decided to at least finish my 2 year degree . . .and hopefully, go on to finish my four year degree. My husband and both children graduated from Auburn and that would be my dream!

      Delete
  6. You did a good job with these questions! I chickened out! LOL I wish you a blessed week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely didn't answer most of them correctly. I wasn't sure when the "time period" changed from high school to now. I hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  7. I know what you mean about having to study more at the age of 60+. I quite enjoy it now because I choose to do it but I was much better as a young man (even though I hated it at the time).

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can understand the "bass" issue. I always ask to put the bass softer/lower or out. I want music, not a rhythm..

    ReplyDelete