Monday, January 23, 2023

Baby Shower for a Great (or is it Grand?) Niece

My oldest sister was born 13 years before I was born so she has grandchildren that are basically the same age as my kids (and the same age as our other sister's son). I've always loved her granddaughters! Jennifer is having a baby and we are so happy for her. After helping with the ministry fair, I ate a quick lunch with Mark's family and then drove an hour and 15 minutes to Palisades Park for the baby shower. I thought surely I was lost because I was driving through all sorts of countryside but I finally arrived. It was a grey and rainy day. I wish it had been sunny because when I finally arrived, I realized we were up on top of a small mountain and I imagine the view would have been amazing.


This is my niece (on the left) and her daughter
on the right. So is she my great niece
or my grand niece?

Isn't she beautiful? She is a dental hygienist
but has gone back to school for her
nursing degree. She is in her last
semester and I'm praying she
can finish.

Jennifer on the left and Madison on 
the right with her little girl, Aria.
Madison and Jennifer are
sisters. Their other sister, Mandy,
wasn't with us that day.

The shower was well attended and
she got lots of great gifts.

 

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice time. And yeah, it was ugly weather everywhere in this region!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ready for spring (with no pollen, please!)!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Me, too! The hope of new life just feels good!

      Delete
  3. What a fun time you all had!! Your great/grand nice is beautiful! She is both great AND grand!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get so confused by the titles of relatives beyond my immediate family. Things like first cousins and second cousins once removed. What does that mean? This darling mother-to-be is a great grand-niece or a grand great-niece. Whatever the case, she is pretty as a picture. Hope she can finish her last semester before baby arrives.

    ReplyDelete