Saturday, January 28, 2023

Five (make that six!) "Fotos" From Last Week

I helped host my second big church event this month on Sunday. I am a part (member and on staff) of a church that is remaining United Methodist. We have had so many visitors during December from disaffiliating churches that we decided to do a one time Next Steps (our path to membership) for 100+ folks. The process is usually about an hour on three different Sunday mornings. I was in charge of tablecloths and centerpieces plus I put ice in cups and served drinks :-). 

This is our church fellowship hall.

I went to Lowe's and purchased small plants and clay pots. I had bought some great burlap ribbon at Costco back during the fall so I tied a ribbon around each pot and tied a pretty bow. Mark was out in the woods hunting hogs last weekend so I sent him a text and asked him to please bring home 28 EXTRA LARGE pine cones. He did! They were the perfect addition the the potted plants PLUS one of the visitors asked if she could have all of them afterwards to use in an art project. She works with folks who have autism and I wonder what her project will be??


On Tuesday night, we hosted our Young Professionals group. The menu was chicken fingers from Chick Fil A, hot cheddar pasta (the is a knock off recipe from Urban Cookhouse), green beans in the crockpot, salad and toppings, rolls, and cheesecake bars (provided by my friend, Phella) for dessert. God has the best sense of humor. Here we are in this tiny apartment and we are cramming 17 people in each week.


On Thursday night after work, my friend Laura and I went out to dinner at The Southern Kitchen and Bar and had a drink plus dinner. We then walked to the BJCC to see  . . . . . .

My coat is caught on my face and I have a huge
"jowl" on one side!! Oh well!!

HAMILTON!! 

I haven't been to a Broadway in Birmingham show since Wicked which has been quite a few years ago. When our kids were in older junior high or high school, Mark and I had season tickets to the Broadway in Birmingham shows and I loved going!! Mark had no desire to go so my friend went with me and we had a great time!!


No photos are allowed during the play so I borrowed one from the American Theater Guild! Photo cred belongs to them.


Here are my questions for you! Do you enjoy live theater? Do you prefer small intimate theaters or big Broadway productions? Have you seen Hamilton?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen Hamilton. I enjoy live theater and went often when I lived in DC. Lakeland has an amazing community theater group and we used to have season tickets. Glad you enjoyed the show!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't seen Hamilton but I love live theatre and especially a Broadway show. I love the smaller venues too and we've seen some great shows that way. Hubs and I both loved the book Hamilton so would like to see the play.

    ReplyDelete