1. January 24th is National Compliment Day. Is it easy or not so easy for you to accept a compliment? Share a recent compliment you've given or received. I love to give compliments but I often find it hard to accept them. I have a hard time trusting people so I'm always assuming that they are giving me a compliment because they want something. Over the last 14 months, I've lost about 68 pounds so lately people have complimented me on my weight loss.
2. Ten little things you are loving right now.
Pirate's Booty snack bags, Canada Dry diet Ginger Ale, hoodies, leggings, booties, Tuesday nights with our young professionals, our sweet grandbaby (whom I haven't seen in over a week - eek!), watching Frasier on Amazon Prime, fuzzy socks, tunic tops, my Tom's slippers!!
She loves to put stickers on us -
all on top of each other
3. Would people describe you as a positive person? Do you see yourself that way? I read here a list/description of eight things positive people do differently-
Positive people find something to look forward to every day, they celebrate the small stuff, they're kind, they stay busy, accept responsibility for their actions, forgive themselves, know when to move on, and resist comparisons
Which action on the list would you say you do regularly? Which action could you add to your life to give you a more positive outlook? If you're a positive person, what's something you do regularly that's not on the list?
Have you ever taken the Strengths Finder? Positivity is one of my top five strengths so I hope people would describe me as a positive person!! I do see myself that way and I try to monitor myself and if I ever feel negativity creeping in, I try to squash it quickly. I love to celebrate ALL the stuff and I'm almost always busy. The hardest on the list is to forgive myself and know when to move on!
4. Homemade chicken soup, beef stew, or a bowl of chili...what's your pleasure on a cold winter's day?
I love soups and stews and chili! I don't want to pick just one. Please may I just enjoy all three?
5. The best part of my day is....changing out of my work clothes at the end of a long day?? crawling in the warm bed on a cold day? curling up in front of the fire? seeing my grandbaby (just don't get to see her everyday!!), realizing that something I said or did actually helped someone else . . .or made them laugh. Speaking of laughter - I have no idea how to load a video on here but I'm going to try posting a link and I hope it works. If it doesn't google "Why is Jesus Ziplining" and watch it on youtube!! I'm embarrassed to tell you how many times I've watched it . . .and I'm still laughing about crusty toed Jesus!
6. Insert your own random thought here. Speaking of Jesus, I leave for Israel on Tuesday of next week! This will be my second time to travel to Israel. I wish I could snap my fingers and be there and not have to travel for 24 hours (12 in the US - 12 from Newark to Tel Aviv). I must pack! I must pack lighter than all of the stuff I have dragged out.