Hodgepodge on Wednesday was five on five and now Sunday Stealing is on five! Joining up with Bev and friends for Sunday Stealing!
Stolen from Friday 5
1) What one event from your lifetime would you change if you
could, and why? One side of me would like to remove all of the bad things that
have happened in my life but I do realize that I am who I am because of all of
those things. The experiences in our lives shape us. There is one event from my
childhood which I would probably remove.
2) If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self, what would it be and how old would your younger self be when they got it? Do you think your younger self would listen? I wrote a letter to my younger self not too long ago. You can read it here.
3) Would you be any good on Survivor? I would be horrible. My husband thinks he would be excellent. He might. I would have a very difficult time eating some of the things the contestants find themselves eating! I would also have a hard time in those places where the bugs bite the people continuously.
4) What's a safety rule that's very important to you? The one that popped into my head is from my days at AT&T – put the handle down on the paper cutter! There are far more important rules – pay attention to your surroundings and be aware. Always look both ways before crossing the street.
5) What would you like to say to people in the future? I hope we haven’t messed up our world too much. I hope there is still beauty surrounding you.
6) What's your favorite dish to bring to a summer cookout? I love to take a good black bean and corn salad or Alabama Caviar or devilled eggs.
7) How much time have you spent outdoors this week? I’ve spent as little time outside as possible. It has been blazing hot. We moved from our hotel into a rental apartment on Tuesday so we were loading and unloading. I took a very short walk in the pre-dawn hours on Wednesday morning. Yesterday, even though we were inside . . .we might as well have been outside. The air went out in the apartment not even 48 hours after moving in. The building manager had two portable air conditioners delivered last night.
8) Where do you set your thermostat? At night in the summer, I prefer about 72 degrees. Yesterday, it was 88 in the apartment! Today it has been around 75 degrees.
9) How did you learn to swim? I’m not a strong swimmer. I didn’t learn to swim as a kid. When I was around 20 or so, my sister (8 years older) and I took swim lessons at the YMCA after work. We were both quite comical. Mark is a strong swimmer but I was always the one to take the kids to the pool. I put them in private swim lessons at 3 and they were like fish. They could swim better at 3 thank I could at 31 as their mom.
10) How do you avoid overheating? Yesterday, I actually spread a beach towel on the hardwood floor and laid on top of it trying to cool off! I took 2 showers yesterday. We’ve been drinking lots of water.
11). What are you going to do this weekend? Last night our son, daughter-in-law, granddaughter, and a friend came over to help Mark move our bikes into the apartment. They all went downstairs to one of the restaurants under us. I was waiting on the locksmith. This morning, I went to WW (Weight Watchers) and then a friend picked me up and we went for pedicures. It was divine. My final exam is tomorrow so I’ve been making flash cards and studying. We will go to church in the morning and then visit with family over lunch. I will then head home and take my final exam. I’m writing on Saturday night and the fire was 3 weeks ago tonight and we spent the last two Saturday nights in a hotel so to be honest, I’m happy as a clam to be sitting here in this little apartment.
12) What’s your favorite way to spend time? I love to spend time with friends and family. I love to read. I love to cook. I really enjoy riding my stationary recumbent bike.
13) What’s the most useless thing you own that you would never get rid of? Great question – I’m not sure. Over the last three weeks, material things have lost a lot of value in my head.
14) Have you started planning your next vacation? We play to go back to Israel in February which is a working/fun trip for me. I would love to go to the beach for a long weekend this fall. I mentioned that to Mark yesterday.
15) Are you very active, or do you prefer to just relax in your free time or is it one and the same to you? We are normally fairly active – an hour or so of exercise every day. This morning I rode the stationary bike for 18 minutes and felt quite accomplished! It will come back.