Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Five on Five Hodgepodge

 Happy Wednesday!

1. According to author Gary Chapman there are five long languages - words of affirmatin, quality time, physical touch, acts of service, and receiving gifts. Which one is yours?

We did this as a staff last year. My main one has always been words of affirmation. My least favorite is physical touch. Gifts show up as one of mine BUT it is my love language to others.

2. What are five foods you eat every day?

We were in Italy/Germany/Austria for 2 weeks in June and then we were home a few days when our house burned/I had surgery/we moved into Embassy Suites so our eating schedule and items we consume has been very different lately. Back in May, I ate Lewis Keto bread almost every day along with some Applegate Farms turkey. I usually had a piece of Kraft 2% cheese. I always have a diet pepsi (several). Lately, the only thing I've eaten with any regularity is little cups of chicken noodle soup along with low carb tortillas and peanut butter and honey. I've eaten a few bananas, too. I still can't drive and I have a huge grocery list right now.

3. Five places you'd love to visit:

Paris, the French Riveria, Ireland (again!), the coast of Italy (spent most of our time in Rome and Milan), Australia/New Zealand

4. Something you've done recently that deserved a "high five"?

We moved from the Embassy Suites to a rental apartment yesterday. We loaded everything at the hotel onto two carts, including the cat and cat litter box, and moved out. I carried our cat (he is big) up the flight of stairs into the apartment. We put everything we could into suitcases and they were in the back of the truck. Everything else went in the backseat area including the cat. Yesterday was just barely 2 weeks since surgery and I carried him plus unpacked a ton of suitcases and did multiple loads of laundry. I actually ENJOYED doing laundry since other people have had to do it for us.


5. Give us five 5-letter words that describe your July:

trips, sinus . . .ok this isn't going to work for me so I'm just going to give you 5 words to sum up July:

travel, housefire, surgery, Embassy Suites, apartment

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Mark is so excited to be out of the hotel (his nickname - the Suites) but he is very disappointed because we can't get internet until August 6 via AT&T. We stream TV so that means no TV. I worked for AT&T for 11 years (first career) and their customer service is deplorable now. I actually told the employee this very fact yesterday after I held for an hour and 48 minutes BEFORE I SPOKE TO A PERSON. I spent over an hour on the phone with them last week. The first technician appointment available is August 6. That is simply riduculous!

11 comments:

  1. Customer Service is awful no matter what company. Drives me crazy! I am so happy you are moved into your apartment and can settle in a bit. I hope you will be comfortable there while everything is figured out. God bless you for all you have gone through. Praying for you, Lisa. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We so appreciate your prayers! You won't believe this but the air conditioner in the apartment went out last night. We hadn't even been here 48 hours. At one point today, it was 88 degrees inside! The guy that manages the apartment property purchased two freestanding portable air conditioner units and sent someone out to install them. I think it is down to about 80 in here now!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, we've been away so I haven't been on my computer. I just went back and read about the fire and the surgery and I am so sorry. So glad you were able to evacuate and have many people coming along beside you to help. I'm sure this is so difficult and I will be praying for your sight, the contractor, and a rental property.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers -- it has been a crazy 2 1/2 weeks.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness you have been through a time!!! I hope things are on an upswing now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hope so, too -- we need some wins :-)

      Delete
  4. I have to agree about Customer (non)Service. I've been going round and round for two weeks with Waste Management's 'virtual assistant.' I don't care about watching television, but would be spitting nails about no internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe customer service is so poor these days!!

      Delete
  5. Hopefully having a bit of normality back (eg doing your own laundry) will help but can only imagine the difficulties you are facing at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. FIrst off, I'm so sorry about your fire. My husband works for a restoration company and my heart always goes out to those who have been displaced from fires or floods. :( I enjoyed all your other answers. We were in Venice and Como in 2019. I'd love to go back but visit areas where my moms family is from.

    ReplyDelete