I've been unable to participate in the usual blog hops (memes) over the last couple of weeks so it feels good to answer these questions!
Welcome to Sunday Stealing where Bev steals the questions. This week, she stole the questions from Joyce’s Hodgepodge!!
What's something you've recently accomplished
solo? I’ve accomplished very little solo in the last 10 days. I had unexpected
surgery on Tuesday, July 12 and I’ve done very little alone since then! Thursday
night, during another crazy storm, I did make us both a peanut butter and honey
roll up with a campbell’s cup of chicken noodle soup (prepared in our trusty
hotel microwave). I actually felt like I accomplished something.
2. What's one product you use that never ever fails? Folex carpet cleaner – love it!
3. Have you found your place in the world? Where is it? If you had asked me this question two months ago, I probably would have said YES! The last couple of weeks have thrown me for such a loop that my place may be changing – who knows?
4. Worst movie you ever saw? I don’t watch movies very often so I don’t even have a good answer for this one!
5. What's the last fun thing you did? We went to Europe for 14 days and did ALL sorts of fun stuff including taking crazy pictures at historic sites!!
6. What's your favorite Italian dish? Great question. Normally, we don’t eat a lot of Italian because Mark isn’t fond of it (yes, we just went to Italy). We had some great pizza in a little pizzeria where locals were eating and where the waitress and other employees didn’t speak English! We had a wonderful pasta dish on our first night in Italy. Even Mark liked it. It was a pesto pasta and the pasta was small and sort of cylinder shapes (almost like a small tight shell). I also use Pioneer Woman’s lasagna recipe and it is really good.
7. Have you ever been to France? Any desire to visit there, and if so what would site or city would you most want to see? I’ve never been to France and would love to go there some day. I would love to go to Paris!
8. Have you ever been to Disney, any of the parks at all? Are you a Disney superfan or something less than that? They're open right now so tell us, would you go if you had the time/money/a free trip? We went to Disney twice when our kids were growing up. We went in the summer before their 10th birthday in the fall. We also went while they were in 6th grade. We are not superfans. I would go back in a heartbeat. Mark has no desire to go. Maybe I’ll get to go with one of our granddaughters in the future.
9. Your favorite place to go when you want to be quiet as a church mouse? Would those who know you well describe you as more church mouse or perhaps more like mighty mouse? I love to go sit in our sanctuary at church when no one else is there and none of the lights are turned on but the outside sunshine peaks through the stained glass. It is so quiet and peaceful. I work in a church so maybe I’m a church mouse BUT I’m definitely not quiet as a church mouse. Up until 2 weeks ago, I think I was a mighty mouse.
10. Do you bake your own bread? Last time you had hot out-of-the-oven homemade bread? What's your favorite kind of bread? My favorite is Irish brown bread with butter (the real thing). I haven’t baked any kind of bread in years. We had some pretty amazing bread in Italy, too. Actually, yesterday we met our daughter and son-in-law at Cheesecake Factory and I had one tiny bite of their brown bread that has oats on it . . .It was delicious.
11. What's something you might say is 'the greatest thing since sliced bread'? Cell phones? I’m not sure. I can’t wait to read other’s answers.
12. Share with us five little things you're grateful for today. Small blessings. One catch-they all must start with the letter T. I’m thankful for: Trinity friends; the amazing grace of God (the starts with t – right?); trees outside our hotel room windows; Theatre Appreciation class I have been taking this semester; Today – having been through a fire and unexpected surgery, I am very thankful for today.
13. Tell us where you were and something about what life was like when you were 20- 21.
I was a young divorced woman working for South Central Bell/AT&T. I lived in an apartment. I drank more back then. I dated a lot.
14. What's on the menu at your house this week? Considering we are still at a
hotel until Tuesday (move in to the apartment day), I have no idea. We’ve eaten
a lot of peanut butter roll ups on low carb tortillas. Mark loves breakfast so
he has been downstairs to breakfast every day so he will do that for the next
couple of days. We will eat with Mark’s family for Sunday lunch tomorrow so we
will have something good then. We’ve eaten chick fil a several times. We were
gifted a lot of restaurant gift cards and we’ve eaten at Paw Paw Patch once (a
local meat and three). Last week, I was able to snag lunch at work 2 times – I’ll
only be there on one of the days that Chef cooks this week.
15.Something you recently purchased where a coupon was involved? Do you regularly shop with coupons? I don’t remember the last time I used a coupon . . .I’m not a big coupon shopper. I used to cut them out of the Sunday paper . . . and then forget to use them.