I'm joining up with From This Side of the Pond for Wednesday Hodgepodge! I would love to hear your answers -- either in the comments or feel free to copy and paste the questions into your own blog and link up over at From This Side of the Pond. Thanks to Joyce for the questions!!
1. Sum up your November in ten words or less. It was a month of food, family, fun, and fellowship. (extra words – this last week is a killer for many reasons!!)
2. Are you hosting any holiday parties this year? Attending any? Party pooper, party animal, or life of the party...where do you land when it comes to parties? Since we are in this small apartment, we won’t be hosting any holiday parties this year. We will go to one party on December 15. I will go to a “girl’s party” on the 18th. Our office Christmas party is the 14th. Our supper club is getting together on the 10th. Our “out to eat” supper club is going this Thursday, December 1. The last two aren’t parties but they are fun social occasions! We are also invited to a “family” party on Christmas night where lots of extended family is invited. I love to laugh and I tend to be a “loud talker and loud laugher” so does that make me a party animal or life of the party? I don’t think I’m a party pooper.
3. Do you purchase holiday clothing of any sort (sparkly tops, Christmas jammies, Santa suit, etc)? Do you remember when Christmas sweaters were in style? I used to have some of those! My daughter came home from college during her Freshman year and wanted to borrow all of my “tacky Christmas sweaters” and I’ve never worn one since and don’t own any. I love a good sparkly top and did buy one at Talbots that I might wear to either our supper club or to the party on the 15th.
4. What's your go-to recipe when you're asked to bring an hors d'oeuvre to a party? We usually go to a couple of parties where appetizers are requested. I like to make a charcuterie board. Sometimes I make this recipe called Chunky Cheese spread that is delicious. Mark has grilled a venison tenderloin before and we’ve taken that to a party.
5. December 3rd is National Play Outside Day...what might you do to celebrate? I doubt that I “play outside” but I might!!
6. Insert your own random thought here. It has been a stressful week so far. When you work in a church, seasons like Advent can be quite busy. Here is random thought #2 – we are meeting with the designer this week to pick out some finishes for the house. Maybe they will start in January!!