Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Walk to a Park Day Hodgepodge!

I'm joining up with Joyce at From This Side of the Pond! I would love to hear your answers!!

1. Thursday is National Walk To A Park Day. I know these celebratory days are mostly made up, but some are fun to think about. Do you live close enough to a park to walk to one on Thursday? Will you? The most famous park in the world is Central Park located in NYC. Have you ever been to Central Park? What did you think? If you haven't been is this a place you'd like to see? I won’t be at my own house on Thursday, but if I were . . . all I would have to do would be to walk out my front door and cross the street . . . and I would be in a park! We live on a “U-shaped” street and inside the U is a park. I have never been to New York City but would love to go and I would love to visit Central Park. One of our nephews is a doctor in New York City and he walks his dog in Central Park!

2. Something you've done recently that turned out to be a 'walk in the park'? I don't have a good answer for this question!

3. Can you parallel park? Do you have to do this often where you live? My car parallel parks for me and I LOVE that feature!! I don’t have to do it often, but parallel parking is available in quite a few areas in Birmingham.

4. The colors of fall...red, brown, russet, golden bronze, golden yellow, purplish red, light tan, crimson, orange red, and scarlet. Are these colors you like to wear? Is this your season in terms of color? What about your home? Would we see these tones in your home decorating? I love the colors of fall. Of those I do wear some reds and oranges. Back in the day, you could pay to have your “color read” and my roommate and I did it. I think I was a summer! I love to wear pretty greens, bright blues, and bright pinks the most. Right now, there are touches of orange in our house because I have up our Halloween/fall decorations. Our tiny pop of color in most of our rooms is red.

5. What part of history do you find most interesting? Elaborate. Interesting question since I’m mid-semester studying American History. It is so interesting reading primary sources that were not available when I was a young student – for instance, letters and articles written by the girls who lived at Lowell Mills. I’ve never really enjoyed history – I can’t up with what war or battle happened in what year, but when you involve real people and their lives and their stories, it is fascinating.

6. Insert your own random thought here. I’ll be out of pocket for a couple of weeks. I may have time to check in here and there, but I may not. I have no idea!! if not, please pray for good health and safe travels for us and I’ll see you in a couple of weeks!

6 comments:

  1. Agree that primary sources make history come alive! Same with us and Halloween/fall decor- definitely some fall colors with those though we don´t have a lot of them. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband really enjoys history and last year I got him a subscription to Letterjoy. He got a letter once a week from a person in history. These were copies of actual letters written by real people and it was so interesting. There was a pretty wide variety too, not all world war stuff. Safe travels and enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I liked what you shared for #5, I agree.
    Enjoy your adventure, praying for safe travels and fun times.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers being lifted for safe travel!! Mary Kay representatives used to do the color thing. I was a Spring, I think, but with my white hair I think I would be more winter now. It was a fun thing to do and a good way to sell cosmetics. Check in with us when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, I'd love to have that self-parking feature! Prayers for travel mercies, and best wishes for a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete