Sunday, April 3, 2022

Sunday Stealing

Thanks to Bev for our Sunday Stealing questions. Feel free to copy and paste and answer in your own blog and link up here. If you don't want to do that, I would love to hear your answers in the comment section!! According to Bev, these questions were stolen from bun Toting Librarian.

1.    When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? Wow! My hair looks like that if I go to bed with it wet? Needless to say, I had to use the straightener on it.

2.    What shirt are you wearing? I’m wearing an orange shirt from Talbots. My shirt is from several seasons ago. This is a very similar shirt they have in stock now. 

3.    Do you label yourself? One day this week I referred to myself as an “old white lady.” I don’t really think of myself as old but compared to many of my co-workers, I guess I am old.

4.    What does your watch look like? I wear an apple watch (which I love) and I have a gold leather band on it.

5.    What were you doing at midnight last night? I assume I was sleeping!

6.    Last furry thing you touched? Harvey! I was sitting in my recliner studying for my sociology exam, which is tomorrow. He insisted on sitting in my lap along with a large book, index cards, etc.

7.    Favorite age you have been so far? I sometimes wish I could be 39 again but with all of the life experience and knowledge of my 63 years.  To be honest, my mom died a month after her 50th birthday so every day I’m alive . . .I give thanks!

8.    What is your current desktop picture? I actually don’t have a picture right now – just the screen showing the icons.

9.    If you had to choose between $1,000,000 or to be able to fly what would it be? I think I would choose the $1,000,000. I could buy a lot of airline tickets with $1,000,000.

10.  The last song you listened to? I listened to some music in my office on Thursday while I was working. I know I listened to Waymaker and also Graves Into Gardens.

11.  What time of day were you born? I can’t remember hahahaha! Actually, I don’t remember what is on my birth certificate. I remember my mother telling me that the doctor was playing “The Purple People Eater” in the delivery room. If you've never heard it . . .it is weird and you can listen on youtube here.

12.  Where did you live in 1987? We lived in another suburb of Birmingham called Helena. It is not pronounced the same as the one in Montana. It is pronounced Hell E nuh – short e in the first section, long E, nuh.

13.  What do you do when vending machines steal your money? I have been known to hit the machine 😊 and yell at it!

14.  Would you move for the person you loved? Yes, I would. I will admit that I would have a hard time moving to a place like Alaska that doesn't have much daylight in the winter.

15.  Name three things that you have on you at all times? I don’t know about you – but I don’t have anything on in the shower so I don’t have three things on at ALL times. I do usually have my phone with me. I usually have my reading glasses with me. I am usually wearing underwear!

16.  What’s your favorite town/city? We went to Ireland in October and we loved Killarney. I also really love Jerusalem.

17.  What was the last thing you paid for with cash? A few weeks ago, I paid for our Wednesday Night Supper (at church) with cash.

18.  When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? I sent two sympathy cards this week. I did write a tiny note inside. I haven’t written a full letter in a long time.

19.  The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear? We went to a wedding a few weekends ago and I wore a dress that had some sequins on it.

20.  Does anything hurt on your body right now? I’m sitting perfectly still in front of the computer, so nothing hurts at this moment. When I get up, my back may hurt. It tends to hurt quite often.


11 comments:

  1. #13 - TRUTH! And your response to #15 made me laugh out loud. Gosh, I think I've been carrying around the $7 cash since Thanksgiving; I use VISA for everything else to collect points. I've never heard of Helena, but appreciate the pronunciation tip; it took me nearly 2 years to grasp the correct way to say Autauga county.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have $1 in my wallet plus a few quarters! I just don't keep cash.

      Delete
  2. I know all the words to Purple People Eater! LOL I enjoyed reading your answers! Have a good week ahead! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Born to Purple People Eater. Not many people can say that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never thought to use it as a "fun fact to know and tell" but I might from now on.

      Delete
  4. #14. I've been to Alaska - it was lovely. But then I am used to short days in winter.

    :o)

    CHeers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to go to Alaska to visit. In Alabama, our days are fairly short in the winter but NOTHING compared to Alaska.

      Delete
  5. I love this Sunday Stealing post! What a fun idea! I have no idea what time I was born, either. My mom never talked about that. She always seemed to dwell on the fact that I weighed 10 lbs instead :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand why she thought more about the 10 pounds than the time!! I had twins and one was 5 lbs 3 ounces and the other was 6 pounds 4 ounces . . .but I had a section.

      Delete
    2. My mom was a saint! I was a forceps delivery, so I was born with a misshapen head and bruises on my temples. I was also jaundiced and had club feet - what a peach! She was just glad to get the birth over!

      Delete