Monday, April 18, 2022

O is for Original/Open mind

 


Continuing with the A to Z challenge . . .with O!

O is for Original/Open mind

How is a 63 year old original? I was looking around on the internet and a 63 year old woman had a baby – HAD A BABY at 63 years old. Just last night I said to Mark, “How in the world do grandparents raise their grandchildren?” Our sweet 2 ½ year old granddaughter was here with her parents for the weekend and I can’t imagine having a newborn. I can’t imagine the toll just being pregnant would have on a 63 year old PLUS I remember those sleep deprived days. When you are 63, you are already a tad forgetful . . .but if you were up multiple times a night with a baby.

Needless to say, I will not be an original 63 year old having a baby.

In your mind, what would make a 63 year old original?

O is for Open mind

One thing that has surprised me about being 63 is I have much more of an open mind that I did at 20. I’m not as rigid in my thinking as I was at 20. When I encounter something that bumps up against my existing beliefs, I’m willing to listen. Sometimes I even find that what I have believed is not necessarily true any more and I think to grow and learn and change requires an open mind. I mentioned this in another post – I think that everyone is entitled to their own opinion even if I don’t agree. As I wrote one day last week, I do think that people should consider how their opinions might hurt others. Having strong beliefs doesn’t necessarily mean that you aren’t willing to hear the perspective of others.

Do you consider yourself to be open-minded?

 

1 comment:

  1. It is so important to have an open mind. That's a virtue we don't find a lot nowadays.
    I have missed a few of your earlier posts. I shall catch up in due course.
    O = Oxford comma

    ReplyDelete