Wednesday, April 13, 2022

K is for Kindness and Knowledge

 


K is for Kindness/Knowledge

You may have noticed that some days I’ve had multiple words and some days I’ve had one word to share. I made a list about a month ago and sometimes when I look at the list I think – well, that was stupid. What was I thinking? I’m going to try to run with both words today.

Before I start with today’s words . . .are there any words that begin with the letters L through Z that have anything to do with “Being 63” that you might be interested in reading about? If so, please leave a comment.

K is for Kindness

What does kindness mean to you?

I'm going to be honest. I wrote an entire post that I shared with my husband and with one friend. It was about people being unkind - especially to those in the LGBTQ+ community. I'm not going to post it because I wrote it about a local politician. I will say that when someone claims to be a Christian and then knowingly says something VERY UNKIND about children or teenagers . . .it makes me angry. As my husband and I discussed, politicians have become known for their unkind remarks about their opponents but when you attack a school of kids -- even if you don't agree -- something is wrong.

What has happened to our society where we think it is ok to continually say unkind things?

Adam Hamilton is a UMC pastor in Kansas City and we just finished a study by him. He challenged us to do several things - pray daily, read scripture daily, share out faith, etc. He also challenged us to be kind - to do acts of kindness for others. A kind word or deed might make a HUGE difference in someone's life.

K is also for knowledge

Yesterday I was able to talk with my school advisor about my next class. We are going to be out of the country for two weeks this summer so I need an online class with a professor who might extend grace. I have emailed with my potential professor and I think I'll be taking a Theater class!! The quickest way to a two year degree using my previous college credits (from when I was young!) is to get an Associate in Arts. I can then transfer to a 4 year school if I want to continue. I never thought I would be taking a theater class and how in the world is that going to work online? If I need it, I'm going to try to take another sociology class in the fall with the same professor I have this semester. I'm gaining knowledge about all sorts of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment