Thursday, April 21, 2022

R is for Reading


Today is R . . .and then we have S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z and I, along with others, will have made it through the month of April as a part of the April A to Z Blogging Challenge.

R is for Reading

I learned to read many years ago and have always loved to read. So why am I blogging about reading in the A to Z's of Being 63?

In all honesty, because it fits . . .and I do love to read.

I want to say that I have more time to read at 63 and I guess I do to some extent. I ride the recumbent stationary bike every day and I love to take my kindle and read while on the bike. The 30+ minutes usually fly by. I even have an acrylic rack on the treadmill and read there, too. Mark likes to go to be early and I usually take my kindle to bed and read for about 30 minutes while he is going to sleep.

What do I read? I read all sorts of things!

Right now, I'm reading my Sociology textbook. I also get lots of book recommendations from other blogs. As a matter of fact, the book that I'm reading now is written by D. L. Hammon. I was commenting on someone's blog one day and he had made a comment and mentioned his book (or maybe he is blogging in the A to Z Challenge and I read a post??). I immediately went to Amazon and ordered the book and I'm reading it now. The name of the book is Knight Rise and I'm enjoying it.

I've ordered books after reading Katie's recommendations at Preppy Empty Nester. I've ordered books that Shay Shull over at Mix & Match Mama has recommended. My sister is in a book club and she often tells me what they are reading and I order it and read it. I also just love a cozy mystery or a thriller. In the last year, I've also read some historical fiction that I've enjoyed along with a few other novels.

I have a kindle and I have the kindle app on my phone and use both of those regularly -- almost every day.


Here is my most recent list, in addition to my Sociology textbook and my Bible plus any Sunday School material for teaching:

I'm reading Knight Rise now.

I just finished Blood and Back Stitches which is part of a cute series about a single mom who has a demolition/resell business and she finds a lot of dead bodies.

The book before that was by Jodi Picoult -- Wish You Were Here -- and it was a good book but it was about living through the pandemic . . .and it made me relive a lot of things.

Have you read The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell? That was good and weird and I couldn't put it down.

I also love books by Janet Evanovich and recently read The Recovery Agent.

Jana DeLeon has written a series of books called the Miss Fortune mysteries and I just finished book 22 and I've read all of the previous 21. It is a laugh out loud series that doesn't require a lot of thought but there is always something for the main characters to solve.

According to my Kindle app, I've read 186 weeks in a row. 

Do you like to read? Do you read multiple genres? What is your favorite genre? Do you read on a Kindle or do you read regular paper books?

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You are a very avid reader. As the months get warmer I do not read as much but I enjoy finding good things to read. I hope you have a nice weekend. It seems like time is flying by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do enjoy reading and I'm a fast reader. Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. I can’t exist without reading and luckily I’m a quick reader. My favourite genre is crime/mystery and what I like most is good characterisation and a sense of place from the book. Who-dunnit is much less important.

    ReplyDelete