Monday, April 10, 2017

H is for . . . #AtoZChallenge2017

I've been trying to think ahead about some of the letters for the remaining days of April . . .but today is going to be another day with lots of different topics. 

H is for:
1.  Hats - I wear a lot of "hats" - mother, Gran, sister, daughter-in-law, wife, Christian, church member; church staff; Sunday school teacher - sometimes I forget to take off one hat and put on another!  I think I'll wear this one to work tomorrow:


2.  H is for half -- I'm married to an identical twin and when they were growing up, they would often have to divide things (like a cookie or a candy bar).  The rule was - one twin cuts in half; the other twin picks which half they want.  Pretty good rule of thumb!

3.  H is for handbags . . .or as my momma said "pocketbooks".  Do you have a favorite handbag?  I love this one!  I have one very similar to this one by Kate Spade but it is packed away until Easter Sunday!


4.  How about hobbies?  I love to read.  I love to make things - like banners and party decorations.  I love to take pictures . . .and blog.  I love to scrapbook (if I ever have time again1!) What are your hobbies?

5.  H is for Hippety Hop!  Spell check is telling me that Hippety is spelled incorrectly but is not giving me any suggestions - how do you spell it - found it . . .Hippity (spell check says that is incorrect also)!!!  Our church had an Easter Egg hunt yesterday and I was able to go with my son, daughter-in-law, and sweet grandbaby!  Baby girl wanted to put the eggs in her basket and take them out . . . put the eggs in her basket, take them out, taste them.  She was (and is) so cute and sweet!!  I was THRILLED that Lauren dressed her in the little bunny dress and cardigan that I bought for Emma at one of the after Christmas sales.



6.  Last but not least, H is for Holy Week.  Sunday we celebrated the triumphal entry of Jesus with the waving of palm branches and majestic music.  We closed the service with a moving rendition of "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross" as four of the young men in our congregation carried in a huge old rugged cross and placed it right in the middle for ALL TO SEE.  I whispered, "Jesus, I'm so sorry we did this to you."  On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday we will have noon day services with a short sermon, the singing of a hymn, a special music selection . . .and lunch (we live in the south - we eat - what can I say?  Table fellowship is the best!)  On Thursday night, we will remember the night Jesus washed the feet of his disciples by symbolic washing of hands and we will have Holy Communion.  Friday . . . .Friday will be a day of darkness.  We will mourn the death of our savior.  We will experience the agony of the cross through music and scripture and we will leave the sanctuary in SILENCE and total darkness on Friday night.  As Christians, we know that the crucifixion is not the end and on Sunday morning (or possibly Saturday night), we will celebrate the resurrection with singing and sermon and flowers and for many of us . . .food again!  We KNOW that God wins but this week, we will walk with Jesus toward the cross and that walk makes Sunday all the more powerful as we proclaim He is Risen - He is Risen INDEED!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Thanks for visiting my blog. I have a purse in that color too - didn't think about it for Easter Sunday but I think I will now. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete