1. Find a penny. Look at the date and tell us something about your life or what you were doing that year? First of all, who made the dates SO TINY on those pennies. I had to put on double reading glasses and turn on my phone flashlight and hold the pennies just so to even read the date! Of course, I then had to look at every penny in my wallet and I had 10 pennies ranging from 1960 (I was 2 years old) to 2018. These pictures were already "together" so here we go - June of 58 and Winter of 1960. This is what I was doing then.
we were busy being Gran & Pops
|we climbed to the top of a fire tower with friends|
I fell on the metal pier at the beach
and it is a miracle nothing was
broken. I've never had so many
bruises in my life.
2. Were you given an allowance as a child? Did you have to earn it in some way? Did you learn to save money when you were a child or is that something you figured out as an adult? I think I was given an allowance sporadically and it seems like it was $.50 or $1.00. We all had to do various chores from dusting to washing and drying dishes. I did not learn to save money as a child and I give thanks every single day for my husband who taught me to save . . .though I went kicking and screaming.
3. April 23rd is National Take A Chance Day...what's a chance you need or want to take? I guess we are all taking a "chance" as we begin to venture out again into the world.
4. What's some outdated slang you seem to use a little too often? I don't know how outdated this is but my daughter, daughter-in-law, and son all told me not to say "cray cray" ANYMORE! Alrighty then.
5. It's National Poetry month and I always like to make us work our brains a little...
Violets are blue
....you fill in the rest with something original...
6. Insert your own random thought here. I'm still working on my April A to Z Challenge and blogging each day about different foods and recipes. On one hand I'm loving it . . .and the other hand is counting down the days. Speaking of counting days, I made an old fashioned sticker chart/calendar last night to count down the days until we go to the beach. I am so ready for a vacation.
I'll close on this . . .one of my pennies was a 1982 and I think that was the year I was in the Iron Man Ski Queen competition. We didn't have to ski - we just had to ride in a boat in a bathing suit. I was first runner up and the Queen and I rode together. This photo was from my "portfolio" - what a weird time in my life. (but the next year, I received free tickets and invited Mark to go with me and we've been together ever since).