Thursday, April 15, 2021

Moscow Mule


M is not a food item but it is a beverage! M is for Moscow Mule!! Several years ago, we went to visit our friends in Nashville (who we were able to see this past weekend!!) and we ate at a quirky restaurant. My friend was drinking a Moscow Mule and she let me taste it. I immediately ordered my own! Since then, I have loved Moscow Mules and I have tried them in several different restaurants. I even ordered one in Israel but they didn't know what I was ordering. A real Moscow mule is made with Ginger Beer, Vodka, and Lime juice and it is a very refreshing beverage!

As I written several times, I'm on WW and I try to steer clear of sugar. I haven't found a sugar free or no sugar Ginger Beer but I love Canada Dry Zero Sugar Ginger Ale. 1 1/2 ounces of Vodka has 3 points on blue on WW so I use Ginger Ale (0) + Vodka (3) + Lime juice (0) for a 3 point drink. A real Moscow Mule has around 8 points. A Moscow Mule from Longhorn Steakhouse has 11 points. When you have 23 points to spend for the day, it is hard to "spend" that many on a drink.

Also, I only drink a couple of these a month. I'm not a big drinker but it sure is nice to have something easy to make that tastes great!

Moscow Mule by Lisa

1 1/2 ounce Grey Goose Vodka - you may have another brand you like but I love Grey Goose. I've never been one to drink any kind of liquor straight but I think I could drink Grey Goose straight from the glass. It is soooo smooth. I keep mine in the fridge so it is always ice cold.
1 12 ounce can (cold) Canada Dry Zero Sugar Ginger Ale (you might have to purchase another brand - I don't know if this brand is sold throughout the US or not)
Juice of one lime (or lemon when you have no limes!!)

Pour Ginger Ale in mug, add Grey Goose, and add lime (or lemon) juice to your taste. I like at least 1/2 of a lime squeezed in mine. You can even save a wedge to place on rim of mug.

Gently stir ingredients and enjoy. My ingredients are always cold but if your ingredients are not, you can add a couple of ice cubes to chill your drink.

Do you have a favorite beverage that is easy to prepare?







9 comments:

  1. Tom's daughter gifted us a pair of those pretty cups at Christmas! Unfortunately, vodka's not my friend (LOL). Would it be criminal, perhaps, to use gin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good. I am not much of a drinker either but just might have to try this one. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good and you can certainly use less vodka if you aren't much of a drinker. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. I've made the Moscow Mule before and they are good. I love a Lemon Drop....yum yum yum
    2 oz GREY GOOSE® Vodka (you can use lemon flavor if you like). To be honest all Grey Goose Vodka is excellent.
    ¾ oz Triple Sec
    ¾ oz Fresh Lemon Juice
    ½ oz Simple Syrup
    + Sugar rim the glass
    + Lemon Twist
    Delightful...please drink responsibly.
    Cheers,
    Crackerberries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sounds delicious! Yes, I should have added that to my post -- please drink responsibly!

      Delete
  4. I've not had a Moscow Mule but it does sound good. While I'm not much of a drinker, my easy summer refresher is a proper British shandy - made with lager and lemon-lime soda in equal proportions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm more of a wine girl but do love the occasional margarita or mojito. My husband is always up for a new mixed drink. We'll have to add your version of the Moscow Mule to our list. It is hard to find a good drink on WW. Glad you found one that works for you. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for sharing this. I am doing WW, too. And try to limit my alcohol to Saturday. You are so right...23 points doesn't allow for many drinks, unless you give up eating!! And who wants to do that?
    Going to pin this recipe. My friends have created a tequila that is delicious. I sound like some kind of big drinker...ha, not at all. But we have enjoyed drinking el Afan. I bought some jalapeƱo lime mix that is low in calories (and points, I hope) to try this Saturday.
    Thank you for finding my blog. Going to add yours to my Feedly feed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting for the first time; just checking some blogs out that are doing the challenge (I didn't do it this year :). I like your theme! I keep seeing Moscow Mules on bar menus at restaurants and keep saying I'm going to try one but as of yet haven't. I think I'll put it on "my to do list" for the summer :) Sounds like it would be refreshing to drink indeed!

    Enjoyed reading a lot of your posts from the challenge and enjoyed reading about Easter service! How cool with the worship outside! Our church has been having in person services with no reservations or masks even (unless one wants to wear one). Usually the auditorium is 35% full but Easter pretty close to 85% full. Definitely not social distance but great to be together celebrating the Risen Lord :)

    betty
    https://winslowscornerofarizona.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete