Wednesday, April 21, 2021

R is for Ravioli Lasagna Cups


I can't believe it . . .after today, we just have S T U V W X Y Z. I've tried to write several posts each weekend so that I don't have to stay up late into the night. Late nights are not my best times!!

R is for Ravioli Lasagna Cups! This recipe is from the WW (formerly Weight Watchers) website - I'm going to tell you their recipe and then I'll tell you the changes I made.

Ingredients:
Frozen Cheese Ravioli (15 ounces, 24 average size pieces)
Olive Oil - 1 1/2 tsp. (I don't use - see my note below)
Garlic cloves - 3 (I only use 1 or I use 1 tsp garlic powder)
Chopped Frozen Spinach - 10 ounces thawed (I thaw in the microwave)
Jarred Fat Free Marinara Sauce - 1 1/2 cups (I use Ragu homemade style pizza sauce 3/4 cup -- if I can't find that, I use Prego No Sugar Added)
Shredded part skim mozzarella cheese - 3/4 cup (I used 24 T fat free mozzarella)
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with pam (or other cooking spray).
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add ravioli and boil 2 minutes. Drain well.
In a small skillet over medium heat, warm oil and garlic until fragrant and barely golden brown (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat. Squeeze as much liquid as possible from spinach and fluff spinach with fingers. Stir spinach into oil mixture. (I didn't use the oil and I just added the garlic powder to the spinach -- I thaw the spinach in the microwave in a little plastic colander. I put the colander on a paper plate which catches some of the liquid. Then I use paper towels to get as much water as possible out of the spinach - I roll it up and squeeze it with the paper towels.)

Layer 1 ravioli, 1 T (or less) marinara, 1 1/2 T spinach, 1 ravioli, 1 T (or less) sauce, and 1 T mozzarella into each muffin space. Bake uncovered until sauce is bubble and cheese melts - about 15 minutes. If you wish, broil 1 minute to brown tops (I usually don't do this).

Serving size for the original recipe is 2 muffin cups worth. One week, the raviolis I purchased were smaller and I ended up being able to eat 3. If you are doing WW, make sure you add up your own points. Depending on your ingredients 2-3 cups will be anywhere from 7 - 10 points.

I do NOT like cooked spinach. If I were a guest in your home and you served it to me, I would eat it but it isn't my favorite. The amazing this is  I LOVE IT in this recipe!

sorry for the pitiful muffin pan - I do
have a better one!

Just FYI - that is queso on my
broccoli - yum!








10 comments:

  1. Lisa Ravioli is one of the few dishes on my to try list and I cannot thank you enough for your recipe. I'm definitely going to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a colorful presentation! My hubby would love those ravioli cups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I should be embarrassed that I keep showing pictures on paper plates!

      Delete
  3. These look yummy! I'm going to print out the recipe! I bought several of these muffin type tins at various garage sales with the intent of cooking with them and have yet to do so lol :) But this might be our first use of them down the road :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really good! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting back from A to Z. Thank you for commenting about Paul and Silas. That's a good story. No-one would have expected them to be praising, but the result...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look fantastic! I wonder: do they freeze well? It would be a great way to have a bit of ravioli whenever if they do. And I'm with you on being almost to the A to Z finish line. It's been a grand challenge -- but it would be nice to have writing free day besides Sunday :-) https://mollyscanopy.com/2021/04/rock-n-roll-djs-my-brief-crush-on-jack-rose/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love ravioli. These are so cute! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cups look like a perfect way to control portion sizes. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOOH, This looks like a very good recipe I'm definitely going to have to try. And the queso... my hubby likes it on just about any veggie... especially his asparagus! Have a great day!
    Cheers,
    Crackerberries

    ReplyDelete