Thursday, April 22, 2021

S is for Sheetpancakes . . .maybe I made up that word!


Back in late May or early June, I saw a Pound Dropper recipe I wanted to try. Since 1990 ish, I have taught a large adult Sunday school class so I rarely had time to try a new recipe on Sunday mornings. When the kids were growing up it took everything to get us all dressed, in the car, and to church. During our Safe At Home time, I still taught Sunday school but did so via Zoom . . .in shorts and a tshirt PLUS it basically added another whole day to my life for lots of months. I often cooked breakfast and even tried new recipes on Sunday mornings. So I made this recipe from Pound Dropper. It was tasty and I love all of her recipes but we decided that we weren't fans of chocolate chips and bananas together for breakfast. Right around that same time we went to a blueberry farm and picked blueberries and I decided to experiment using Pound Droppers basic ideas. Here is what I came up with:

Blueberry/Cherry/Banana Sheetpancakes

Preheat oven to 350
2 fairly large bananas - ripe -- mash with a fork in a mixing bowl - mash a lot until there aren't many "lumps" left behind
Add 2 jumbo eggs and stir
Add 2 cups Kodiak pancake mix (we love this stuff!)
Add 1 cup water 
Add 1 tsp vanilla extract
Stir ingredients until combined but do not overstir
Add at least 2 generous cups of fresh or frozen blueberries and/or frozen pitted sweet cherries (I use a little bowl and zap the fruit for about 45 seconds in the microwave.
Fold fruit gently into batter.
Batter will be thick and fruity

Spread parchment paper on a jelly roll pan (like a really big cookie sheet with short sides). Spray parchment paper with pam (or other spray). Spread batter onto parchment paper.

Bake for 25 minutes. As soon as it comes out of the oven, I use my giant cookie rack and I flip the entire sheetpan onto the rack. Peel off parchment paper. We cut into 6 giant pieces - a serving is 1 pieces (to fit in a baggie cut giant piece in half). I'm on WW blue and it is 3 points per serving.

This is important - do NOT put away right now. I usually cover with a clean kitchen towel and leave on the rack all day. If you store too soon, condensation gets in the baggie. These will keep in the fridge several days.
cast of ingredients (minus water)
bananas and eggs already in the bowl


mashing the bananas

adding the eggs - the one on the
right was a double yolk!

defrosting the fruit

raw batter - we ran out of
blueberries so this day was evidently
cherries only

hot out of the oven


ready to flip onto the rack

Yum! Let's eat!



11 comments:

  1. Yummy!
    This got my mouth watering.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind words out our ministry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have made the word up, but I like the idea of these with blueberries. Saves time for sure. Pancakes are a bother, just as you are ready to make your own, someone wants more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! This looks delicious! A little too much work for me (I'm so lazy in the kitchen) but if someone made one and I got to eat it, I think it would be soooo yummy!!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a great idea! I need to go check out that website! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea! I can all kinds of fruit combos, maybe even nuts as well. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think nuts would be delicious in these. If you are doing WW you would just need to add the points.

      Delete
  7. Those look delicious and I love that you can keep them in the refrigerator for a few days. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they actually keep fairly well in the fridge. Mark always wraps his in a paper towel and zaps it just a few seconds in the microwave. I just eat mine cold :-)

      Delete