Linking up with Bev for today's questions.
1. How often do you make food and eat it? We eat breakfast and dinner at home most days and take our lunches. I usually do some meal prep on Sunday afternoons for the week. I eat either a salad with lean protein or a meat and a couple of veggies for lunch. Mark eats a chunky peanut butter and raisin sandwich for lunch. He only buys one brand of peanut butter right now . . .and no, I'm not receiving payment for sharing this. Skippy has no idea we exist :-)
12. Have you ever tried to prepare some food and just totally ruined it?
What happened? I made a slaw recipe one time that was just inedible. We threw it away.
13. Do you prefer cooking at home or eating out at a restaurant? Why? I love eating in a restaurant but even pre-covid, we normally eat at home at least 4-5 out of 7 nights.
14. Is cooking a social activity for you? Do you like to do it with other people, or do your prefer to do it alone? I've helped prepare meals at a homeless shelter here in town and it is fun to be in a kitchen with other people. For our meals, I think I prefer to be alone but actually, I don't think I've ever cooked in a group except in a situation like the homeless shelter.
15. Do you have a lot of cooking equipment? How often do you use it all? Do you have any pieces of equipment that you rarely ever use? I have a decent amount of equipment. We have All Clad pots, pans, and skillets and they are excellent. We have a Williams Sonoma waffle iron that we use often. I have a little food processor and a big one and I use both of them. I have several crockpots and use those A LOT! I have a smaller air fryer and I really like it!! I rarely use my blender and we have a bullet for making smoothies and we rarely use it.
Just FYI, starting on April 1 I will be blogging about food every day for a month (except Sundays). I will start with A and work my way through Z. I'll be linking up with a lot of other people who will be blogging about all sorts of topics from A to Z.