Wednesday, March 31, 2021

An "eggy" hodgepodge

Here are the questions to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. You can copy and paste the questions into your blog and link up with Joyce at From This Side of the Pond.

1. The Hodgepodge lands on the last day of March...in ten words or lest bid the month adieu. Farewell! Take your tornadoes and get on out of the door!!

2. March 31st is National Tater Day...your favorite way to have a potato? Given a choice would you opt for sweet, white, or red? How often are potatoes on your menu in one form or another? Ever been to Idaho? If not, is that a state you'd like to visit someday? I love French fries the best. In reality, I love potatoes but we try not to eat them very often. I love a good baked potato with butter and sour cream. I love a good stuffed potato from the local BBQ restaurant. My husband ALWAYS prefers sweet potato over white potato. I love mashed potatoes. I've never been to Idaho and as of right now, I don't have any desire to go to Idaho BUT after a year of no travel, I would go just about anywhere including Idaho.

3. Last time someone or something 'rained on your parade'? Explain. I can't think of any examples where someone has rained on my parade recently. 

4. Put all your eggs in one basket, get cracking, nest egg, bad egg, good egg, egg on, have egg on your face, or walk on eggshells...choose a phrase from the list that applies to something in your life currently and tell us how or why. There are a couple of people in my life that I feel like I always have to walk on eggshells around. I have to edit every word before it comes out of my mouth.

5. If I visited your home would I find a lot of baskets there? Something you like to keep in a basket? I don't have a lot of baskets because they are dust catchers!! I love the way they look in other people's homes. I have one basket that I really love that a former pastor brought from Africa. I have children's books in that basket. I have a wire "basket" in one of our upstairs rooms where I keep all of our Christmas cards. I put them on a ring each year and save them to look back at how children have grown and families have changed. I thought I only had two baskets and went to take a picture! Joke is on me...egg on my face!

metal basket with Christmas cards

basket for fruit

basket from Africa filled
with children's books

baskets in guest room closet
with extra lines and random
stuff

I can't believe I forgot my favorite
basket -- my fisherman's basket.
My sister bought it for me as a gift.
Sometimes I put flowers in it and
sometimes I fill it with Christmas
ornaments, etc.

the toy basket for the granddaughters


6. Insert your own random thought here.  I'm so excited about this weekend. We are going to our church Easter egg hunt on Saturday morning with both of our granddaughters. We signed up for a 45 minute time slots with a few other families. We will be wearing masks. The children's ministry team will disinfect everything before the next group comes in. I'm just so happy to do something normal. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law are coming into town and we will have Easter lunch at my mother-in-law's. Last Easter was just so sad - we couldn't see our family. Mark and I will both be working on Easter morning. I'm working the welcome desk at the stadium where we are having worship and Mark will be working in the parking lot. I may be putting all of my eggs in one basket regarding this weekend :-).

25 comments:

  1. I love your baskets. It is so stressful to feel like we are walking on eggshells with certain people, I know what you mean. It reminds me to not be so easily offended which isn't always easy.
    Happy Easter! He is Risen, He is Risen Indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read something a long time ago that said if we are always upset because people are offending us . . . we need to step back and examine ourselves. I agree with what you said - it reminds me to not be so easily offended which isn't always easy!

      Delete
  2. Having to walk on eggshells around some people is so uncomfortable!

    Happy Easter! I'm glad you're getting to enjoy it with your granddaughters.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the same boat with you..walking on eggshells around some people makes me feel so uncomfortable...I would rather just stay away.
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I would rather stay away but sometimes those people are in places where we have to be :-)

      Delete
  4. I too have learned to edit what I say to certain folks. Used to be a lot harder, and was like walking on eggshells, but now it has become a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't walk on eggshells. I'm just me and that's the way it is.
    Enjoy all of your plans for this weekend!
    Have a good Wednesday.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes wish I could have more of that thought process "I'm just me and that's the way it is." I will admit that the older I get, I do feel that way more often.

      Delete
  6. AMEN! to your comment on #1. (“And don’t let the door hit you on the way out!”) Chuckling and nodding my head about your #2, too. I’d love to have a basket like your fisherman’s. Unfortunately, I’ve no space for any more ‘things’ so I have to be content admiring others’.
    Have fun at that egg hunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had wanted a fisherman's basket for YEARS and my sister found that one in a shop somewhere!!

      Delete
  7. Easter weekend service is a good basket to put all your eggs.
    Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, Easter is pretty awesome! Happy Easter to you, too!

      Delete
  8. I think we all have people in our lives we need to walk on eggshells around. It's hard. I hope your Easter events go smoothly and you have a wonderful weekend with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard! Have a great Easter weekend!

      Delete
  9. Us too, we love all forms of potatoes but try not to have them very often. I couldn't come up with an answer either yet a few people have said Covid rained on their parade. That's true! Love the photos you shared. Happy Easter and enjoy all the fun things going on that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true that Covid has rained on all of our parades!

      Delete
  10. You have some great baskets. That's nice that you can participate in the Easter egg hunt! Last Easter was sad. I'm so thankful that we will be able to worship in church for Good Friday and Easter this year. Happy Easter to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last Easter was indeed sad. I still have a video on my phone where we were wishing our families a Happy Easter.

      Delete
  11. Have fun at the egg hunt! I am sure the kids will have a great time! I love your baskets! Joyce gave us another fun Hodgepodge! Happy hump day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce writes great questions every week, doesn't she? I don't think I'm creative enough to come up with all of those questions!!

      Delete
  12. I have that same "fruit basket" but we use it for my grandson's video games. Happy Our church normally host a huge Easter egg hunt to Saturday before Easter. But this year they are doing a 3 night drive through that will have different station that will shar about Easter. I think they are giving kids bags of candy. I am excited about going to church this Sunday. Not sure what I am going to wear. Last year I had a new pair of pajamas as we watched it online. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our basket was a gift. It is the perfect size for video games!! I don't have anything new to wear this year and I don't think I'm going to have time to get something. I laughed out loud when I read about your new jammies for last year!!

      Delete