Wednesday, March 3, 2021

In Like a Lion Hodgepodge

Thanks to Joyce at From This Side of the Pond for the questions for this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. You can copy and paste the questions in your own blog and answer away (or you can simply answer the questions in the comments). If you answer on your own blog, jump over and link up! 

1. Is March coming in like a lion where you live?  Sunday was the last day of February and it was 80 degrees. We rode around the neighborhood at sunset and had on shorts and t-shirts - no jacket needed. Tuesday I wore my puffy coat to work because the skies were gray and the high temp was 47 and it felt like it was 44. By Thursday, the high is back to 70 and sunny. I guess that means March did come in like a lion but not as ferocious as some. 

sunset in our neighborhood

Aslan, Simba, Elsa, The Cowardly Lion...your favorite 'famous' lion?

I love Aslan and I love Simba! This is embarassing to admit but when our kids were little, our family had to pretend to be the characters of The Lion King. I was always Pumba!! I did like Pumba :-). Just in case you don't know Pumba . . .


2. In what way do you 'march to the beat of your own drum'? By the time you reach 62, you should be marching to the beat of your own drum at least some of the time. I have a tendency to wear the clothes I want to wear and I really like comfortable shoes so I guess that somewhat goes against the norm. I can dress up with the best and enjoy it sometimes but I really like to be comfortable.

3. What item that you don't have already, would you most like to own? I would love to own a Wolf cooktop. I have a nice kitchen but you asked what I would like to have. I would like double wall ovens, too. Any chance of that happening soon? I doubt it because our house is only 6 years old. We would need to have the granite cut because the Wolfe would be bigger than what I have now and they would somehow have to fix the cabinet underneath the cooktop. I could have double wall ovens placed where my microwave and oven are now and have the island reconstructed and have a microwave built into the island. No, I don't forsee this happening anytime soon. Just FYI, I have a nice kitchen that is SO MUCH BETTER than our last house and I have a good gas cooktop and beautiful cabinets but don't you just love those red knobs on the Wolf?


4. March is National Flour Month...are you a baker? I can definitely bake. I didn't know how to bake from scratch until my mother-in-law taught me and shared her recipes. Cookies-cakes-or pies...your favorite sweet treat to bake? The baked good that I'm "known" for is Brown Sugar Brownies. I feel like I've surely made thousands of pans. I also make mini pecan pies that folks love. What's the last non-sweet thing you made that called for flour? I made chicken schnitzel a couple of weeks ago and one of the steps was to dredge the chicken in flour. The chicken schnitzel recipe included lemon parsley potatoes so I made those, too. I don't usually serve that many starchy things in one meal. We usually have a lean piece of meat and a couple of green veggies.


5. There are 31 days in the month of March...where were you and what were you doing when you were 31? Back when I was 31, we had 3 year old twins (boy/girl) and I was working part time for a company - Tambrands. They were the "holding" company (parent company) for Tampax tampons and I worked for the regional sales manager. Yes, I did receive free tampons when I worked there (Scott Russell - if you are reading this, I apologize for TMI!! hahaha!).

6. Insert your own random thought here. I have to get two allergy shots every month. With covid-19 protocols in place, you text from the parking lot and they ask questions . . .and then they text when you can come in. I have to sign in and I have to wear reading glasses to see the paper. I didn't push the glasses on top of my head so my vision was slightly distorted. Imagine my surprise when I looked up and saw Bernie! I literally thought it was someone dressed like him and sitting like him. The cutout is full size.




 

18 comments:

  1. That is how March started for us too! I felt so weird walking to my car in shorts and sandals. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love flip flops so I'm happy anytime the weather is pleasant enough to wear them :-)

      Delete
  2. Our temperatures here are up and down.
    I too love being dressed comfortable.
    I love those red knobs, red is my favorite color.
    I have younger twin brothers and now that they are older they
    don't look like twins anymore.
    Have a good day.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm married to an identical twin and they still are identical at 67 years old. Sometimes my brother-in-law weighs more than my hubby. When I met my hubby, I was living with identical twin roommates so we had two sets of identical twins in the wedding! Now we have fraternal twins. Lots of twins :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi. I came over from the Hodgepodge. I enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting. Hope you will visit again soon.

      Delete
  4. I am totally with you on your answer to the second question. I'm swooning over that Wolf cook top! Well that was a useful freebie for sure. Smile. Happy March to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the Wolf cook top is swoon worthy :-). Thanks for visiting and commenting. Yes, at that stage of my life that was an important freebie!

      Delete
  5. That Bernie cut-out is TOO funny. Tom's DIL had one installed while they were renovating their home. Hey, where there's a will there's always a way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read what I wrote and I'm sitting here giggling at myself. No, she didn't have a Bernie installed; rather a Wolf cook-top. Oops!

      Delete
    2. I probably wouldn't have read your comment that way but after you wrote the second comment . . .I can't read the first one any other way. Installing a "Bernie" while renovating could become a new thing!! hahahaha!

      Delete
  6. Twins, a double blessing! Your kitchen sounds beautiful. We are planning on renovating ours since it is very outdated. I haven't been able to get a design with a double oven but it sure would be great!
    Have a great rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun to have all those twins!
    Bernie--that's clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I misread #1 so I answered wrong. I like to be comfortable too. Your brownies sound yummy. I make Pecan Tassies which are tiny little pies. Well free tampons was a good deal. That's funny about Bernie. I thought it was cute when all the photos came out with him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa that chicken schnitzel looks amazing! I also loved your "random thought" at the end, that would have given me a good laugh! Which is definitely what we all need these days :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That picture is hilarious! I would be tempted to change doctors if Bernie actually went there. LOL!

    ReplyDelete