1. "Hope springs eternal"...discuss. I can't imagine living life without hope. Hope is often the thing that keeps us moving forward. Thinking about this past year, we've had hope that the pandemic would eventually end. I personally have hope that after my next vaccination and the time required afterwards, I will be protected from a terrible case of covid at least for a while! I have hope that maybe soon our supper club can be together around our dining room table sharing a meal and we can gather with other friends in restaurants. I have hope that we can all come back to church.
I do have a funny story about "hope" and this story was actually what I thought of when I read Joyce's prompt. Quite a few years ago, we saw the HGTV dream home sweepstakes advertised. Our kids were probably middle schoolers, and the internet was not as readily available to us as it is today. I think we had internet access and email addresses, but we weren't consumed with spending hours per day on our computers. Our family actually went to the post office and bought a BUNCH (at least 100 - maybe more) of pre-stamped postcards and sat around our kitchen table filling them out. We had "hope" that we were going to win the HGTV dream home that year. Just FYI - we didn't win.
2. Last time you needed to 'spring into action' or 'spring to someone's defense'...explain. When our granddaughters are around, I feel like we need to spring into action quite often. We have a playground with a slide and swings in front of our house and I feel like I've "sprung into action" (is sprung right? Auto correct wants me to use sprang) to keep one of the girls from going over the side of the slide, etc.
3. Tulips or daffodils? baby birds or baby bunnies? The cherry tree or the dogwood tree? Jellybeans or peeps? March madness or spring training? Peas or carrots? I love daffodils but tulips are pretty, too! I think I would choose baby bunnies! We have lots of dogwood trees in Alabama and they are beautiful! Our family tends to eat jellybeans more than peeps - though my oldest granddaughter had a peep the other day and she didn't know what it was called and when she described it, I immediately knew it was a peep. She enjoyed it! I'm not really into March madness or spring training. I love peas and carrots together!
4. I read an article here on the South's best cities on the rise. They are-Baton Rouge Louisiana, Fayetteville Arkansas, Greenville South Carolina, Huntsville Alabama, Lexington Kentucky, Norfolk Virginia, Tulsa Oklahoma, Waco Texas, Wilmington North Carolina, and Winston-Salem North Carolina. Of the cities listed how many have you seen in person? Which one on the list would you most like to see? Have you spent much time in the southern states (USA)? Any spring road trips on your calendar? I've been to Huntsville many times and it is indeed a growing city as are the suburbs around it. I've driven through some of the other cities, but I don't think I've ever stayed in any of the other cities. I would like to go to Waco, Texas! I live in Alabama in the middle of the deep south, and I love it. I have lived here my whole life. We have two tiny road trips planned for later in the spring - a wedding weekend in Franklin, TN and a wedding weekend in Oxford, MS.
|Great Mexican restaurant in Huntsville - Huntsville is the|
halfway point where we can meet our friends
|The "rocket" in Huntsville, AL|
5. Tell us how your outdoor space needs sprucing up this spring? Which do you enjoy more (or hate the least-ha!) yard work or housework? Mark has been working on sprucing up our outdoor spaces because we had a drive through baby shower on Saturday. He painted our picket fence and trimmed shrubs and edged the sidewalk. Do you want me to be honest? I don't particularly enjoy yard work or housework!!
6. Insert your own random thought here. Our church has secured the local football stadium for our Easter service so that we can all be together. I know that it is too early to truly predict the weather for that day but right now there is a 24% chance of rain that day. We need no rain that day. It is going to be so awesome to be in the same place with many of our church family. We will be wearing masks and social distancing as much as possible. One of my close friends said she couldn't decide whether to buy an Easter dress or wear her son's football jersey. Either one would be just fine!