Monday, March 8, 2021

April A to Z theme reveal

Happy Monday to all! Today is the theme reveal for the April A to Z blog challenge. I participated in the challenge in 2018 and you can read the first post here. The challenge was fun and definitely lived up to its name - blogging every day is a challenge. I am going to participate this year and I will be writing about the food we've eaten during covid. I'll be sharing some recipes because for the last year we have not eaten inside a restaurant. We have ordered take out a few times and we have driven through Chick-Fil-A but that is about it!

Just in case we've never "met" before, let me introduce myself. When I started writing this blog I was a middle aged mom. I wrote the first post in June of 2009. Our son had just finished his undergrad and was working in Arkansas for the summer before beginning his Master's program. Our daughter was finishing up undergrad with an internship before pursuing her Master's.

I've been married to Mark since 1984 and we have twins (mentioned above) - a son and a daughter. They are both married and each couple has a little girl.

I'm now a grandmother - eek! I still feel young at heart.  We also have a cat whose name is Harvey and he is spoiled rotten. 

Please come back and visit me soon! 
This is us with Mark's side of the family and was
taken before granddaughter #2 was even a
twinkle in her parent's eyes. We are also
missing one nephew who is a doctor in
New York.


19 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what you ate during covid. I don't think we changed our eating patterns too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always got time for a foody blog! Look forward to some tasty posts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to following your challenge, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome, looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your awesome comment I am looking forward to getting it done in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your theme sounds like a fun one! Good luck with the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun! I could use some new cooking ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. new cooking ideas from one Lisa to another!

      Delete
  8. Great theme. Eating out has taken such a hit during COVID-19. It will be fun to read about your recipes and the foods you've been enjoying during the pandemic. Weekends In Maine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds fun, and I'll be on the lookout for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am always amazed at those of you who do the A-Z in April. I love reading what y'all do but have yet to join in. Love the photo you shared!! It will be fun reading about food... a favorite subject!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was telling my husband about the challenge because I participated a couple of years ago and I remember sitting at the kitchen island typing away while he was sound asleep. He said, "why in the world are you doing it?" I told him that it is a goal to work toward - a true challenge for me.

      Delete
  11. Hmmmm, recipes are always good! Looking forward to be better in cooking ;))
    My 2021 AtoZ Reveal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting! I can't wait to read lots of different blogs during April!

      Delete
  12. A food theme attracted my attention! Looking forward to your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I hope you enjoy some of the ones I write about!!

      Delete
  13. Well this will be fun, I love to try out new recipes. Looking forward to seeing your posts and maybe even the mention of Harvey again. Does he like people food? Best of luck to you in the challenge. Cheers ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only people food that Harvey likes is . . .lettuce!! Isn't that the weirdest thing ever? He turns his head away from all other people food!!

      Delete