Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Green Hodgepodge

Joyce writes the questions and we answer on our own blogs. We join up on Wednesdays to share answers!


1. This week's Hodgepodge lands on St. Patrick's Day. Will you wear green? Eat corned beef and cabbage? Drink green beer? Have you ever been to Ireland? Is it on your travel 'bucket list'? I wore green to church on Sunday (yes! I went to in person worship!! I told my husband that I was desperate for "in person" Jesus. I felt very safe). I think that is my only green dress and besides t-shirts, I'm not sure I have a green shirt. I love cabbage - I might add it to tonight's menu. I'm not fond of corned beef. I don't like beer but if I did, green beer sounds fun! I've never been to Ireland but it is definitely on my bucket list. I had always assumed that I had some Irish blood in me due to my paternal grandmother's name and some of the words she used. When I did 23 and me, I found out I have a good bit of Irish blood!

2. Something you think is 'worth its weight in gold'? My husband has two new "tools" that he might say are worth their weight in gold. He bought a paint sprayer and painted our white picket fence on Sunday. By hand, this is a very tedious job. The paint sprayer slashed that time down to a couple of hours and that included figuring it out and cleaning it up afterwards. He also has a leaf vacuum. It is a Black and Decker and he loves it! After this past year, toilet paper might just be worth its weight in gold!  

3. Something that makes you 'green around the gills'? On Saturday we attended our granddaughter's birthday party. There was a "ride" in the Play Place that you could spin like the tea cups at Disney World. A couple of the kids wanted to do it over and over again. At one point, I was pretty sure one of the little boys was going to throw up. If ANYONE else throws up, I do, too. Just watching it made me "green around the gills" and then there was a possibility of a kid throwing up . . .I left that spot in a hurry!

Not my photo - this was a stock photo on their
website BUT THOSE are the tea cups!!


4. What puts a 'spring in your step' these days? I'm on day 347 of my goal to exercise every day for 365 days. About 5 weeks ago, I had what felt like plantar fasciitis so I read about it online and bought some squishy heel cups. I've been wearing walking shoes to work (yes, with a dress) for 5 weeks now. My heel is beginning to feel better and I've noticed that I have a spring in my step again! Also, our days are getting longer with more daylight and that always puts a spring in my step.

5. Write a limerick using one of the following as your theme....March, St. Patrick's Day, Covid, 2020 and/or 2021, the color green, or life lately. Yes, you can do it. This is so far out of my comfort zone and this is something for which I have NO skills.

Along came Covid-19

My hands were never so clean.

Toilet paper, paper towels, and wipes

When I couldn’t find them, I began to gripe.

Now I can’t wait to be seen.

 -- or --

Never a hugger I’d be

When other people I’d see

Along came covid-19

No hugs, no gathering, hands clean

From now on, a hugger I’ll be

-- or this is my best effort below:

I had a zoom meeting with Gert

Who wore a really nice shirt

Her dog needed to go out

she opened the door with a shout

and realized she had on no skirt!

6. Insert your own random thought here. I've been thinking about doing a few blog posts "around the house." I love to read about and see pictures of other houses. Have any of you done blog posts about the different rooms in your house? I loved reading Libby's posts on her blog when she got a new house. Our house is almost 7 years old but I love thinking about the things in our rooms that have special meaning.


Christmas on the Circle

21 comments:

  1. I don't do spinning rides either. I am the person who holds everyones coats and bags and stays by the baby in the stroller too small to ride : ) Every group needs someone like me-ha! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right -- every groups needs someone to hold the stuff!!

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about in-person church service. My church has on-line service and in-person service. I bit the bullet and went...I just needed the atmosphere to worship. Spinning doesn't bother me so I guess I am lucky...I was the one who would ride the rides with all the kids.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. our church is doing a great job of seating people with social distance between (we have giant arrows on each pew) and we have to wear masks. Glad you were able to go to in person worship, too!

      Delete
  3. I had toilet paper in #2 for this year! Love your limericks. Is that your house? It's beautiful. I have done an "Around Here" feature in my December Daily album, "around the house" sounds fun. Make it a meme and we can all join in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually giving lots of thought to doing just as you suggest! I think I'll start it in May since I'm doing April A to Z.

      Delete
  4. Lisa,

    Your limericks are good but your third one is the best. It made me smile. Way to go! I love cabbage, too! Years ago, my late MIL made a delicious corned beef and cabbage soup. Mmm, was that good! Usually when I buy cabbage it's for cole slaw which I like very much but raw cabbage is a bit hard on my stomach. It was fun to read all of your responses.

    Curious as a Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've all participated in so many zoom calls . . .I've never done it without a skirt (pants) but I have done it in a really nice shirt and yoga pants :-)

      Delete
  5. Another fun Hodgepodge from Joyce. I enjoyed your answers and liked all of your limericks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce does such a good job writing the questions each week!

      Delete
  6. Yes, this time last year the shelves were empty. But I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I see a light, too! Hubby got his second shot yesterday and I get my second one on April 7!

      Delete
  7. Beautiful house! I did a "then and now" segment on my house many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. High Fives with your limericks.
    Beautiful house indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been impressed by everyone's limericks!

      Delete
  9. I don't like beer either. I happen to like moving rides and love the teacups at Disneyland. I enjoyed your limericks. Love your house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My 23 and me information gave me the proof that I suspected for my Irish blood.
    Good job on the limericks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I would love to see the rooms in your house - almost as good as seeing them in person.

    ReplyDelete