Monday, March 22, 2021

Sunday Stealing

Thanks to Bev at Sunday Stealing for the questions!

 

1. An unforgettable day in my life. I sat here a few minutes trying to decide. I've had several unforgettable days - some good and some bad. I was 14 when my mom died and that day is etched in my memory. The day our twins were born and then each of their wedding days were also pretty amazing! I also attended a spiritual weekend called an Emmaus Walk back when I was a young mother and it was 3 unforgettable days.


2. My favorite snacks  - I eat fruit every day. I also love salty snacks. I actually have to count out my mini saltines into serving size baggies. I also love carrots and hummus. If I were thin and health didn't matter, I would eat french fries for every snack and every meal!



3. My biggest fashion accessory - my daughter has always loved great accessories from scarves to necklaces that make a statement. I'm going to be honest -- I'm doing great to have on clothes that match and earrings! I did wear this on Sunday for my granddaughter!! I think it was quite fashionable and I even had accessories! hahahaha!


4. My biggest celebrity crush - I don't have one but I could say that since I drive a Lincoln, it is Matthew McConaughey! 


5. One Hobby I would like to learn - I love calligraphy and other beautiful lettering styles. I took a mini workshop on calligraphy last year and really enjoyed it. This was my progress that day!




6. My OCD habits - I'm a germaphobe but I don't think I'm OCD about it. I also like to eat one thing at a time and move around my plate but I don't think that is OCD either - I think it is just weird!!


7. If I could eat one last meal - see #2 above - french fries! Ha! Actually, I would want German Chocolate cake (mother-in-law's recipe) for dessert. I'm not sure what I would want as the main course - I love shrimp but if it were my last meal, I might choose a really tender steak and a fluffy baked potato with real butter and sour cream. 

My mother-in-law's German Chocolate
Cake recipe - made by me! We have
lots of the coconut pecan filling in
between the layers and then we
make this wonderful fudgy icing!


8. Working on my fitness every single day! I start the day with 30-35 minutes on the treadmill and end the day with 30-35 minutes on the stationary bike . . .and I've exercised every single day for 352 days.


9. What I spend money on - I love to spend money! Amazon orders and groceries would probably top the list! My husband laughingly asks if I'm having an affair with the delivery man!


10. My favorite recipe - my most used recipe is brown sugar brownies. I love that German Chocolate cake I mentioned above. What is funny is I haven't eaten sweets in 3 years. I love Chicken Divan and Poppyseed chicken. I love Pioneer Woman's Lasagna recipe, too! I just like to eat :-).


11. The best part of each season is new school supplies - just kidding - sort of! I love seasonal decorations. I also love the change in weather and the change in light patterns from the sun.


12. A life lesson I’ve learned - my husband would say, "no good deed goes unpunished!" Mine would probably be -- "if you want to have friends, you first have to BE a friend."


13. My inspiration to blog - One reason is that I'm hoping my kids will read my blog posts some day when I'm long gone and know a little more about me. I also love the sense of community that comes when we link up together!


14. What’s inside my closet? Not enough room! Our old house had two walk in closets in the master bedroom and now we have to share!! There are clothes, shoes, purses, a box of "travel" supplies, a bag of old letters, and LOTS OF dust bunnies and probably a few cat hair tumble weeds.                           

15. Let me brag a minute. I have the two cutest granddaughters in the world! I know we all think that :-).




4 comments:

  1. I'm humbled by your exercise routine, Lisa! And 352 days in a row?! You and Carol @ Buttercup Counts Her Blessings are my inspiration. (She's logged 1,000 mi. each year!)

    Oh, I'd love to learn calligraphy, but my being left-handed is a liability. Your script is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I checked out Carol - wow - her goal is 10,000 steps. I try to walk at least 10,000 a day so that would be at least 3,650 a year so it would take 3 years. I never thought about how being a lefty would affect calligraphy. Does it affect other writing skills?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little ones are adorable! The cake looks SO good! I could take you on eating fries! Yum! A fun Sunday post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting Buttercupland. I really do enjoy having a walking commitment. I'm not sure I would have gotten through this extraordinary year without it.
    An unforgettable day? Not in a good way, but September 11, 2001 is my most unforgettable day. Even after almost twenty years I can remember almost every detail of the day. Etched in my memory.

    ReplyDelete