Monday, January 1, 2024

Even More December happenings . . . .

A few years ago, we started offering a Christmas Eve service on December 23 - Christmas Eve Eve. I saw a meme where someone called it Christmas Adam - pretty clever!

I rarely get to go sit through a service and I was so excited to go with Mark . . .and then the sound system totally messed up. I heard about every fourth word of the sermon. I was furiously texting our sound team but they didn't get it fixed until the very end of the service. There were certain areas of the sanctuary where people could hear . . .but not where we were sitting.



We have a talented group of volunteers who make our altar arrangements every week. They make beautiful arrangements. We had poinsettias throughout the church.


After the service, we went to my sister-in-law and brother-in-law's house for dinner. Their youngest son was in town for Christmas and we wanted to visit with him.

Christmas Eve was a long workday for me. I worked the Welcome Desk in the morning and for the 3:00 and 5:00 p.m. service, I literally stood on the side of the road with a sign, "Ask me about parking." Our 3:00 service was so full that at least 5 families left. We had chairs in every possible spot and there was no more room. We thought that meant the crowd at 5:00 would be lighter -- nope. Technically, there were a few less people and no one left but it was packed, too.

After that service, I headed home. One of our neighbors had ridden with his wife who was still singing in the choir and he rode home with me.

I ran outside to see Santa even though Mark and I were the only ones at home.



Our tree finally had gifts under it on Christmas Eve. I enjoyed shopping for the two granddaughters.


Christmas morning . . .it was just the two of us. Our daughter was really sweet and FaceTimed us as they woke up our sweet granddaughter and they let us watch her open her presents from Santa.


I just have to show you this present -- It is a koozie and a sweater.


This is what was inside. Such a cute gift given to us by some friends.


Later Christmas morning, we went to my mother-in-law's for brunch and to give her gifts.







Mark's mom is in the middle and Mark is in the left of the picture and his twin brother, George, with the beard and Santa hat is on the right. This is their mom with her four kids and their spouses.


Here she is with the next generation. We were missing our daughter and two of our nephews.


Here she is with one of her great granddaughters. This is our granddaughter #1.



We headed home around 3:00 because daughter and her family arrived!





 

1 comment:

  1. Your granddaughter #1 is beautiful!
    That koozi and sweater is pretty funny. Does it really read what I think it says? :)

    ReplyDelete