Wednesday, January 24, 2024

A Hodgepodge Tip!

I'm joining up with Joyce and friends at From This Side of the Pond. She writes our Hodgepodge questions and we answer! I would love to "hear" your answers! 

1. Do you have a word for the year (WOTY)? If so, and you'd like to share, please share. How do you decide on a word? If you don't have a word are you still on the hunt for one for 2024? I do not have a Word for the year. I want to have one every year but I am unable to decide on one. I've prayed about it before and I think "maybe" I have one and then I decide it isn't right! I'm still open to a word for 2024!

2. January 23rd is National Pie Day...will you celebrate? Do you like pie? What's your favorite? Pie Day sounds like a wonderful celebration. I don't eat pie these days but if I did, I love several -- I love pecan and I love coconut cream and I love peanut butter pie.

3. Tipping. What are your thoughts, expectations, as to who, when where? Do you appreciate a store/restaurant giving a 'suggested amount'? Have you ever left an extravagant tip? Since Covid, I've become a ridiculous tipper. I tip my hair dresser. I tip our servers. I tip the person who does my pedicure. I tip the Shipt shoppers. I usually tip at least 20% . . . unless I have received horrible service. My husband is in a Wednesday morning men's Bible study. They meet at 6:00 a.m. for their time together and at 7:00, they drive a few blocks to a BBQ restaurant - Demetri's - for breakfast. They are known for their breakfast. Rita is their server. When they walk in the door, she knows what each of them wants to drink and she has a table for them. At Christmas, they get a card for her and they give her a very generous tip which is in addition to the tips each week. When our son was in college in Auburn, they would go to the Waffle House late at night. They did something similar for their server. They took up money and gave a very generous tip. One time in our contemporary worship service, our pastor at the time ordered a pizza. When the pizza was delivered (during church), they gave the delivery person several hundred dollars as a tip. 

4. Share with us one household 'tip' that works for you. I have been using Dawn dish detergent on all of my weird clothing stains. It gets almost everything out. It is pretty amazing!!I also like certain cleaning products - I really like Hope's brand - she has granite cleaner, glass cleaner, stainless cleaner; counter top cleaner for the non-granite counters . . .and the list goes on. I think the right cleaner and tools makes housework easier.

5. Influencers on social media are people who've built a reputation for their knowledge and expertise on a particular subject. Do you follow any influencers online? Have you made a purchase or tried something new because of that 'influence'? If there's one you particularly enjoy tell us who they are and why you enjoy them. I tend to watch the reels of several folks - I particularly love watching the ones of people cleaning and using various methods/products. There are several who use these steamers for the duvet covers. I've actually researched some but haven't bought one. Do any of you have one? I also enjoy watching the folks who get a TON of boxes (which they've hidden usually??) and then they sneak into the room and open all of them and put everything out. What is really interesting to me is that when I actually buy something, it is usually something I see on another blog -- I love to see the Prime posts.

6. Insert your own random thought here. I am super tired this week. I feel like I'm running to keep up with January . . .and we are almost to February!! Does anyone else feel that way?

8 comments:

  1. Hi, thank you for the Dawn dish soap tip.
    And yes, I am with you on your random. I have not caught my breath since 2024 started!!!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to your random thought! I'm wondering if we'll get to May and I'll still feel like it's 2023. I enjoy watching people clean on reels too. Or show their morning routines. Or a whole host of things. A rabbit hole for sure lol. Hope you get a nap! It's so gray and rainy here which adds to the feeling of sleepiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since discovering (blue) Dawn, there's no other stain fighter for me. I've not heard of Hope's brand, but come to think of it, I do need more granite cleaner......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn is amazing. I first used it back when I was a teenager and we had a oil tanker spill and we all went to the beach to clean up the sea gulls. They used Dawn. It's the best for breaking up greases and oil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coconut cream or custard are my top two favorite pies. Yes, I am tired and one of my friends even said I looked tired the other night. Bed is calling!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wiped out yesterday and now into today. I had a full day with varied responsibilities yesterday and I'm not used to that. Today I'm trying to catch up a wee bit but my energy is low. Loved your tipping answer and all those great stories you shared! Thanks for the tip about Dawn. My grandson is the king of staining! Hope you are getting some energy back today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I've heard that about the Dawn dishsoap being good for stains. Gonna have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to try that tip. I just got a new pair of jeans and then proceeded to get black marker on them.

    ReplyDelete