Sunday, October 2, 2022

Fall Meme Sunday Stealing

 I’m joining in (a bit late) with Sunday Stealing. Bev’s computer is still dead so this week’s questions are from Kwizgiver who has been gracious to take over for a few weeks!

 

1. Fave fall Holiday: I love both Halloween and Thanksgiving A LOT. I love Thanksgiving because we have time with family and good food and the stress level is usually less because we aren’t buying gifts and running from event to event. Halloween in our neighborhood is AWESOME and reminds me of the Halloween scene in the original Hocus Pocus. Kids and parents are everywhere!
2. Best thing about fall walks: I love how the leaves crinkle under our feet and how the wind will pick up a leaf and turn it into a whirlwind. I also LOVE the colors of fall.
3. Favorite fall chore: Normally, it would be decorating our house for Halloween but since we are in the apartment this year, I’m going to go with handing out the candy. It is not a chore to me but it would be for Mark!!
4. Least favorite fall chore: When we lived in the house where we raised our kids, we had tons of trees which dropped even more tons of leaves. I hated raking and would find all sorts of reasons to get out of helping.
5. Best change in the home: I’m not sure about this one. I guess our home becomes a tad more cozy in the fall with the addition of blankets, etc.
6. Best tree in the fall: Any tree where the leaves change colors. In Alabama, we have some ginkgo trees and they turn a wonderful yellow color.
7. Fall ritual: I don’t get to do this much anymore but I love a good fall carnival. I am going to go to a pumpkin patch in a couple of weeks with m daughter and granddaughter. Neither of those is really a ritual but it is all I’ve got!
8. Most frustrating thing about fall: I detest the time change when the days are already short. It will be dark when I get off work.
9. Favorite fall decorations: Fresh pumpkins . . .and I don’t really have a place for them in the apartment. I usually have them on our porch steps and on our front porch and sometimes even in our back courtyard. Mark did get into the attic of our house this afternoon and rescued my big metal (flat) pumpkins.
10. Favorite clothing: I don’t like long sleeves but in the fall, I do love a good soft hooded sweatshirt or a zip up the front sweatshirt jacket.
11. Traditional fall candy: I don’t eat candy anymore but if I did, it would be candy corn and those candy pumpkins (like the candy corn). I know some people hate it but I do enjoy it!
12. Favorite sound: I love to hear the wind blowing through the leaves – the branches are swaying outside the window right now.
13. When does fall begin for you? Usually around now – around the first of October.
14. What is your favorite aspect of fall? I love most everything about fall EXCEPT ragweed 😊
15. What is your favorite fall memory (ies)? I loved to go to Auburn on football weekends when our kids were in college. One year, we went down when the school of architecture (I think that is right) had their carved pumpkins on display. It was amazing. When we would go down, I would either cook for our kids and their friends or we would take them out to dinner. Those are such happy memories!
16. What do you like to drink in the fall?  I don’t change drinks for the fall – I’ll still be drinking my diet pepsi, diet ginger ale, and water.
17. What's your favorite fall food?  I love our Thanksgiving menu. Turkey and dressing WITH GRAVY (not giblet) is one of my all time favorite meals.
18. What color is fall? Orange – lots of orange with some yellow and red thrown in.
19. What does fall smell like? Wood smoke from the firepit or from the outdoor fireplace across from our house.
20. If you could go anywhere in the fall, where would you go? I would love to drive up the East Coast to see all of the amazing leaves!

2 comments:

  1. A fun Fall exercise!! I enjoyed reading your responses!! Have a good week ahead! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answers. I was just saying to my kids last night as we went outside to see a purply sunset, how cool it is when you suddenly realize we've transitioned out of high summer, where it's still hot at 8 pm, into Fall when the weather is cool and things just FEEL different. Fall is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete