Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Hodgepodge Brain

1. Thursday (Oct 13) is National Train Your Brain Day. What do you do to keep your brain in tip top shape? Is it helping? I’m still working 40+ hours a week and most of the people with whom I work are 45 years old or less. I feel like this helps keep my brain sharp because I have to keep up! I also facilitate a group of young professionals every week which requires reading, study, and discussion and I teach a very large adult Sunday School class – more reading and study. During our Women’s Retreat, I did a mini session on Mah Jong which is supposed to be great for your brain. Oh my goodness – it required a lot of thought!!

2. You can sit with anyone in the world and 'pick their brain'...whom do you choose? Tell us why? Does this person have to be alive? My parents have been dead more years than I knew either of them so I would love to have a heart to heart with the two of them and "pick their brains" about family history.

3. What's something happening in the world (or your corner of it) right now that you have trouble 'wrapping your brain around'? I have a hard time wrapping my brain around the fact that my “children” will be 36 in November and that we have a 6 year old granddaughter and a 3 year old granddaughter. Surely I’m only 35! Right?

4. On a scale of 1-10 where do you fall in the pumpkin fanclub? (1=blech, 10=make it all pumpkin all the time) Tell us something delicious you've tasted recently that had some pumpkin in it somewhere. I love pumpkin but I don’t think I’ve eaten anything pumpkin yet! Pounddropper has a great WW recipe for Pumpkin Swirl bars – I need to make those soon!

5. Share a favorite song, book, or movie with an autumn title, setting, or vibe. How about It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown?

photo borrowed from the internet but now I
can't find the source to credit it

6. Insert your own random thought here. The weather here in middle Alabama has been incredible. The mornings are chilly and then the days warms up nicely. Everything is really dry because we haven’t had rain in 29 days (or something like that) but I think it is supposed to rain on Wednesday night. I just looked at the 10 day forecast and the week of the 17th, we are going to have some days where the high is only in the 60’s and the lows at night will be in the 30’s. I’ve got to get some winter shoes or my feet are going to be freezing!

excuse the dirty car but isn't
that leaf beautiful??


  

14 comments:

  1. We are supposed to have rain today and it HAS been a while; I had kind of stopped thinking about it until I noticed how dry the grass is. I don't want rain to stop my kids; activities today but I want it for the yard and the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of weather, we are expecting a high of 90 today in North Central Texas, but the nights and early mornings are wonderful. We desperately need rain and the forecast predicts it for Sunday. It sounds like you are keeping your brain in tip top shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry I'm just now responding! We are supposed to get rain tomorrow afternoon/night!

      Delete
  3. You are really working your brain with the response to #1. It is definitely hard to imagine our on children growing up and having precious grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned to play Mah Jong this year and I love it. It does require using your brain and I think it's a side of my brain I don't engage often enough (numbers-ha!). I love being around younger people and do think that helps keep us young. Now go buy some shoes : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Working with younger folk is sure to challenge your brain and keep it sharp! Playing with your grandchildren will probably help, too. Our weather has been warmer than usual with no rain. Hope the rest of your week goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes I get tired just hearing all you do! My son will be 53 y/o in a couple of months and I'm still scratching my head how on earth that could be. Time is a thief!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee Hee... I am surely only 35, right... loved that.
    I have to agree with how you answered, my kids cannot be that old, right.
    Our weather has been beautiful during October, I think the big change is on the way, they mentioned SNOW in the future forecast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I could work 40-hours a week and all that other stuff too! That would probably melt my brain instead of stimulate it. Ha!

    And that is a gorgeous leaf! We've been enjoying some lovely red leaves here in Pennsylvania as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually do better when I'm really busy :-)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I need to make my first batch of this season soon!

      Delete