Monday, October 17, 2022

Weekend in Review

First I want to comment on the weather - we have had three AMAZING weekends in a row with perfect weather.

On to this weekend. Thursday night isn't technically "the weekend" but for some reason I consider it so. We went to watch our granddaughter #1 cheer again. Those girls are so cute and they still have no idea that there is a football game behind them.


I've enjoyed visiting with our daughter-in-law's mom, Ann, and her friend, Donna, and our son and daughter-in-law along with their friend, Wynn. I love the social aspect (and people watching) at any kind of sporting event.

I worked on Friday morning and then met my 3 monthly lunch buddies and then got a hair cut and color. Mark and I then loaded the car and headed south to see our daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter #2. They are temporarily living with our son-in-law's parents so they don't have a place for us to stay so we booked a room at the local Hampton Inn. Just FYI - the room wasn't very clean. But it was for just one night so we dealt with it. After checking in, we walked to a local restaurant to meet all of them for dinner. You may have heard of this restaurant because it was "re-done" on Erin and Ben's Hometown Takeover.


It was a nice walk to the restaurant. I love the bridge.



The special was $2.50 margaritas and I had two which is totally unheard of for me! They actually had a beer that Mark likes on tap so he was happy, too.


We have missed seeing this cute nugget!! She is playing the drums with the straws. 

After dinner, our daughter drove us to their house and we played until little nugget's bedtime.


After breakfast on Saturday morning, we drove through the actual town of Wetumpka and
saw the outside of The Big Fish house. It was re-done on Hometown Takeover, too.


We went back over to our daughter's in-law's house where Pops drew a great pumpkin!


Laura and I grabbed a selfie in front of the sunflower!


Can you see the Honey Bees on the sunflower? Every sunflower had bees -- this is a good thing!


Isn't that little nugget cute as she wanders through the pumpkins?


There were lots of fun things to do. Son-in-law, Scott, and granddaughter at the bottom of the slide as daughter went flying down.


I did the zipline! It was kid-sized but still fun. I'm glad I wore a skort!


We went on a hay ride.


Sweet nugget got to swing.


Gran got to swing, too!





This Pumpkin Patch was really lovely and I had so much fun.
Someone in our group loved running between the rows of corn!


Today I worked the Welcome Center before early service and then we went to church, sunday school, and lunch with the family.

This afternoon we went to see three houses on the Parade of Homes. We wanted to see some of the newest colors and finishes because . . . . . . drum roll please . . . . .
we meet with the contractor at the end of this week. Maybe we are going to move slowly forward with the repairs on our house. Isn't this shower lovely??? I took a photo for inspiration. The tub and windows are reflections. This house is down a couple of blocks from our house and we got some great ideas.


How was your weekend?

8 comments:

  1. Aw, your grand-girls are so precious! #2's growing up so fast, isn't she? Funny, we were in Wetumpka Friday, butting heads whether we'd go eat at Coaches Corner or the Coosa Cleaver. (Me grinning: Cleaver for the win!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo on three weekends of impeccable weather. We had a picture-perfect past weekend but before that we experienced very uncharacteristic wet weather. Put a damper on my daughter Brennyn's visit and kept us from doing many of the things we wanted to do.

    Had to giggle at your comment that those precious cheerleaders have no idea about the game being played behind them. So true with most little cheerleaders. But I think they must begin to understand the game by high school. I was a pretty confused middle school cheerleader, though!!

    Glad for your visit to see granddaughter #2 and fam. We are just back from the pumpkin patch with our local grands this past weekend. Delightful afternoon.

    Hope you can begin work on your upstairs projects. We are debating as to whether we can afford and want to hassle with pulling our upstairs carpet up and replacing it with laminate. Just sounds like a big mess for days and days to me. Not sure I am up to that right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since our house burned and has been demolished to the studs, we figure we should do a few extras so as not to have to mess it up later. In our previous home, we had hardwoods put in and the one room that was already there we had it sanded and refinished and it was a lot of mess! They try to keep the dust corralled but it is so fine. I would find it in odd places years later!!

      Delete
  3. I love a happy fall weekend! Yours looks like fun and I am with you on the weather. We had gorgeous weekend weather at my daughters as well and enjoyed lots of porch sitting and outdoor time. Fall is my favorite : ) Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely weekend. Also, looks like Mark had a red ale, am I right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was a local brewery (Alabama) Octoberfest on tap. His first glass was flat but they had to open (tap?) a keg for his second and he said it was delicious.

      Delete