Sunday, October 30, 2022

Weekly Review in Pictures (and a few words)

On Monday, I had to go for my mammogram. Since it was October, they had all of the pink swag going on. I was supposed to get my mammogram four weeks ago but I had a covid booster so I had to wait until 6 weeks. I got the report yesterday - all good!


On Wednesday night, this little nugget spent the night with us because her mommy and daddy had to be somewhere VERY early on Thursday morning. Mark picked her up after school on Wednesday and then took her back to school on Thursday. It was NEON day so she was decked out in all neon . . .including pretend glasses.



The leaf on the pumpkin was just too pretty so I had to snap a photo! I have really enjoyed the tree in the courtyard of the apartment.



On Thursday night, we went to a local theater. Our friend was the director of this play and she did a great job. The acting was really good!!



It is a small blackbox theater but they do a great job with scenery in a small space!



I made some chicken noodle soup to share this week and I enjoyed a bowl myself. This is such a good recipe.



Friday afternoon after work found us looking at flooring again . . .



and light fixtures.

Friday night found us hanging out with family. Historically, we've had a fish fry every year and our son and daughter-in-law took it over this year and they did an amazing job!


I stayed outside until I was chilled! This one was riding her puppy dog who is the most patient thing ever.


There was a lot of cooking going on.



It was good to be together.



I snapped a few random pictures.


This was AFTER everyone had eaten a lot of fish and all of the sides. 



Saturday morning started with an amazing sunrise!!



Art in the Lot was at our church so I went to that for a while. I bought several pair of earrings and a dishtowel. We had a lot of vendors and it was well attended. We usually have Art in the Lot twice a year.


Our daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter #2 came to town. She might have been peeking into the neighbor's courtyard.


They had not seen the damage from the fire so we walked down the alley from the apartment to our house. I love that she is holding her Pops' hand!!



We played in the park in front of our house for a few minutes.



Even our son-in-law decided to play a little!


Today brought working in the Welcome Center, church, and Sunday school and then we headed to Mark's mom's house for Sunday lunch. We had a crowd so we all made something. These two girls have my heart and they played well together over the weekend.


We enjoyed lots of good family time this weekend!

 

I keep my blog as a reminder of life and all those things I want to remember. This week was a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Me too - my blog is so I can document and remember everything. Usually I think my weekends are busy but yours was jam-packed! Looks like a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family time is just THE BEST!! Your little nugget is adorable! Special times make special memories. Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete