Sunday, October 9, 2022

Sunday Stealing from the Meme Vault

I actually wrote my post last week and forgot to link up! Silly me! 

I'm linking up with fellow bloggers for Sunday Stealing. Bev's computer is still broken so Kwizgiver is guest hosting. Here we go! 

What period of history is your favorite to read about? I’m taking Sociology 247 this semester and the textbook is Marriage, a History so I’ve been reading about Medieval history and I’ve been reading about kings and queens and plebs and peasants. I’m going with that period of history since I’m up to my eyeballs in it!

What is your favorite genre of fiction? I love a good mystery or a good thriller.

Do you choose a book by its cover? Nope. As a matter of fact, when our kids were younger and living at home, they asked me one time why all of my books (pre kindle) had blood on the front! Oops!

Where do you do most of your reading? In my recliner or in our bed

Without looking, guess how many books are in your TBR pile. Now, look. Were you right? I have about 10 pre-ordered on my kindle.

How many movies are on your TBW list? Right now, I have two – I really want to see the new Top Gun and I REALLY REALLY want to see the new Hocus Pocus.

What's your favorite genre of movie? I like a good rom-com but we usually watch something with some action in it.

Do you still go to see movies in the theater? I haven’t been to the theater since before covid and even then we didn’t go often. In 38 years of marriage, we have probably been to the movie theater 10 times or less.

You have $10,000 and no strings or obligations for one full day. Where do you go and what do you do? First, I would go give some of it (maybe half?) away to help someone else. Then I would buy some books, take some people to lunch, take some more people to dinner, and in between I might do some fun shopping and buy things for my family and maybe for me.

How many songs are on your favorite playlist? I have a couple of playlists on my phone and there are probably 15 or so on each playlist.

What method do you use to listen to music (Spotify, iTunes, Pandora...)? I use iTunes. I have used Pandora before but I’ve never used Spotify but that is what most of my friends use.

11 comments:

  1. Fun Q-and-A today! I chuckled at your kids' reaction to 'blood' on the books' covers. (IMHO) a well-written mystery/thriller is so much better than a movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a well written mystery/thriller!!

      Delete
  2. I'm a mystery fan as well! Also want to see the new Top gun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much of a theater goer either. I liked drive-in theaters but they're long gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually have a drive in theater about 30 minutes from us but I've never been to that one. I remember going to a different drive in theater when I was a kid.

      Delete
  4. My books are all on my Kindle now but most of my book covers would have blood on them too! LOL. We must like the same books! I enjoyed visiting today! Have a blessed week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A history of marriage must be VERY interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The class on marriage sounds like it would be really interesting! Oh, and you have got to see Hocus Pocus 2. It is really cute and funny and the witches have some great musical numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen the new Hocus Pocus. It was good but I feel the first one was better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Medieval times are fascinating - and scary. I'm glad I live here in the 21st century.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete