Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Hodgepodge - too much about me!


Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Hodgepodge Questions-Volume 481

Here are the questions to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. Answer on your own blog and then link up here. Thank you, Joyce, for the fun questions EVERY SINGLE WEEK. Joyce amazes me!!



1. In two or three sentences describe yourself to someone who has never met you. Hi! My name is Lisa. I’m 64 years old yet I often feel much younger, though I admit there are those days where I feel my age. I’ve been married to Mark for 38 years. I’m loud and I love to laugh. I’m an extroverted introvert which means I need my quiet “alone time” to recharge but I can be fun and gregarious and love being around people, too. I’m a #1 on the Enneagram which means I’m a perfectionist and when I’m not “perfect” the little voice in my head tells me so. I also tend to tell those around me when they do things that aren’t perfect. I’m constantly working to keep those words from exiting my mouth. I’m wordy. I’m a Christian but more than that, I try to love people and treat people as Jesus would treat them (see comment above about keeping my mouth shut).

2. Will you celebrate Halloween this year, and if so tell us how? I love Halloween! Even though our home burned, I’m going to take a chair and sit in front of our house and give out candy. Mark and I are already thinking about our theme for decorating next year. Halloween is a lot of fun in our neighborhood!!

Let's play this or that-chocolate candy or fruity candy? I don’t eat candy but if I did it would be chocolate – preferably Reese’s pumpkins!

pumpkin seeds or pumpkin pie? I love pumpkin seeds in a salad!

Halloween party or scary movie? Party

hay ride or corn maze? Both please – could I go on a hay ride to the corn maze?

carve a pumpkin or paint a pumpkin? carve

3. What's something that scared you when you were young? Are you still afraid? I don’t know the answer to this and the thing that popped into my head isn’t really something I want to share.

4. Your favorite soothing drink? Margarita all the way . . .oh, you didn’t mean that kind of soothing? I guess it would be hot chocolate!

5. Are you thinking about Christmas yet? Does this make you feel happy or stressed? Christmas has crossed my mind a few times. Number one reason is I work in a church and we’ve been talking about Advent and Christmas for months. I have thought about where we can put a Christmas tree in the apartment.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  I bought a new computer for school and home use. I went to Costco on the way home last night and bought an HP laptop. I came home and set it up and installed Microsoft office for home and student. I used my Costco credit card $'s back against the computer. I had issues during my last exam and again this week when I submitted a paper and from all I could figure out, one of the issues was I had all my work stuff open on Google and I was using Firefox for school. I don't think the school's system plays well with Firefox. Now I have a designated computer for photos, blogging, and school!

17 comments:

  1. Somehow I missed that your house had burned. I am so sorry about that. Will you rebuild or is it a complete loss? Yeah to the new computer. I like Firefox better than Google actually, but it did not work well with blogging and posting pictures, so I never use it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I emailed you back with details. Thank you for your concern!!

      Delete
  2. I can relate to being an extroverted introvert and a perfectionist. It's hard work! But I suppose there are advantages that come with it too. I hope you enjoy your Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels good to know that someone else knows how this extroverted introvert perfectionist feels!!

      Delete
  3. I love Reese's pumpkins! I bought a bag last week thinking the kids might eat some too but I'm pretty sure I ate every last one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I were still eating candy, I could easily eat a whole bag and then have a stomach ache!

      Delete
  4. "I’m an extroverted introvert." It's a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Reese's pumpkins. I bought a bag to hand out, but I ate them! Now, I am rethinking what to buy so it will last for the kids on Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have to buy things you don't like :-). When I was still a candy eater, that was the only way I could control it!

      Delete
  6. My daughters neighborhood is huge and filled with young children. Plus people drive here to take advantage of the large number of homes and sidewalks for walking. I'm kind of looking forward to it as it's been a long time since we had any real trick or treaters. Our neighborhood does trunk or treat at the clubhouse because the driveways are so long and there are not a lot of children. Good for you handing out candy. I'm sure neighbors will be happy to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your daughter's neighborhood sounds like ours - people drive in from all over to trick or treat!

      Delete
  7. I think it's great that you are going back to the old neighborhood to hand out treats!! Your neighbors will love you even more for it. Congrats on the new computer!! It will make a difference for you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is bizarre to me! I can't wait to see if the new computer works on our next exam! Surely it will :-).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your answer...my youngest is an extroverted introvert and I feel sometimes I'm heading that way...I'm very extroverted but find more and more I do like my alone time. I'm an enneagram 9, I think my hubby is a 1. Oh, no, I'm so sorry about your home. I must have missed that in the time I was gone or just missed it. haha to your #4 answer. so maybe a spiked hot chocolate? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am rather extroverted and can't keep my mouth shut. We don't celebrate Haloween that much in Belgium, it just swapped over from the States, each year a bit more. I also have an HP laptop and am rather happy with it. Was a bit difficult to connect a printer, because it was too simple ! (when you know)

    ReplyDelete