Monday, October 10, 2022

Weekend in Review

I haven't done a weekend in review lately so here goes -- some of it is boring and some of it was fun and some of it was hard! I think that sounds like life, don't you?
I did some cooking -- I meal prepped my lunches -- 1/3 cup corn kernels and a cup of green beans and some cubed butternut squash. I added the meat later.
 


I also made a new recipe -- a corn dip by Plain Chicken. I love her recipes. I mixed up all of the ingredients for the recipe on Friday night and put it in the crockpot on Saturday morning and it worked perfectly. I should comment on her recipe and tell her that the crockpot worked! I doubled the recipe because I wasn't sure how many people I was feeding.


I also made a new squash casserole recipe that was yummy but I failed to take a picture of the "whole" 3 quart pyrex dish. I doubled the recipe and then screwed up by adding double the amount of doubled sour cream but it worked out just fine! I didn't have the kind of soup recommended so I just used two cans of Campbell's Cream of Chicken and it worked out great. Mark was a great sous chef and sliced all of the four plus pounds of fresh squash for me.


I worked from home on Friday morning while the apartment was quiet (yes that is a diet pepsi nearby- I'm addicted) and then I studied for my Sociology class exam #2 - one more exam in November and the final is in December.


On Saturday, we went to our neighbors to eat, drink, and watch football. I took the corn dip (above) and it was well received. I bought Target brand organic frozen corn kernels and they tasted fresh. 
Doesn't our neighbor's outdoor area look like a magazine photo? It was a gorgeous day.


We were the first ones there but we needed to get out of the apartment for a while.


I stayed until the Auburn game started and then I left Mark and walked back to the apartment to study some more.


If you've been my friend on facebook or if you know me personally, you know that I love sunrise. I've been looking for positives every day since the fire and we have a gorgeous view of sunrise from the apartment bedroom windows.


I worked the Welcome Desk on Sunday morning for four hours and then I locked myself in the conference room to take my exam. I just wanted to get it over with. There were about 50 questions and of those, I missed 4 BUT there were three 3-point "write in the answer" questions and the answers WOULD NOT SAVE! I decided not to panic but to finish the test and email the professor. I took screen shots of each answer and sent those to her. She responded that she would grade those three questions via the email. This is my second class with her and she knows I try really hard so she is being very kind.


On Sunday night, we went to our neighborhood supper club. We met the hosts last month and we really like them. They are from Canada and have such a cool accent. We also loved their home! We've really been enjoying these gatherings each month. It is such a fun way to meet new people. The menu was great. The host/hostess made Tuscan chicken -- it is toward the back center of the plate. It was boneless chicken breasts with a creamed spinach and sun dried tomato mixture on top. It was yummy and I'm normally not a cooked spinach fan. My squash casserole is top right. You won't believe this but the other person who volunteered for a side vegetable dish BROUGHT SQUASH CASSEROLE, too. What are the odds that out of a million recipes we would both bring squash??? I ate mine and didn't try hers but it looked good. The front of the plate is a delicious green salad and a fruit salad that was dressed with a lime dressing. I need to do some research and find that fruit salad dressing recipe. It added so much to the fruit. I love fruit just as it is but this dressing added such zing!

We have some fun to look forward to this week -- Thursday night, we will go see granddaughter #1 cheer and we have booked a hotel room for Friday night near our daughter's house and will go to a pumpkin patch with granddaughter #2 on Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Yum to all of your food today! Now I want some of that corn dip!! Glad you had a great weekend and were able to get out of the apartment for a bit!! xo

    ReplyDelete