Monday, May 6, 2024

Weekend in Review -- on Monday!

I can't believe it. I'm actually going to post our weekend in review in a somewhat timely manner!!

Friday morning we headed south to our daughter's house. We were there about 28 hours and I held this little nugget for a lot of those hours.


I look pretty rough - I let my hair air dry and no make-up!




Even Pops was able to hold her some! Her big sister was quite jealous and said, "Gran can hold the baby but Pops is playing with me!" Pops is the favorite of the granddaughters.


I think one of these pictures was Friday and one was early Saturday morning.


After eating a PB&J for lunch on Saturday, we headed downtown for this nugget's dance recital. It was precious. Their routine was set to "You Are My Sunshine" and they performed as well as a bunch of 4 year olds can. She was in a picture with Gran and Pops.


She was in a picture with Grandma and Grandpa.


She was in a picture with her mommy and daddy.


She was in a picture with her friend!


As soon as we finished taking photos, we jumped in the car and plugged another address into Waze and off we went to Lake Martin for an outdoor wedding in The Church in the Pines. It took us about an hour to drive from one place to another but we were on mostly country roads so it was a pretty drive.


It is an outdoor chapel that is open on all sides and it has a roof with a giant fan. Even though it was very warm outside, it was fairly comfortable during the ceremony. It was a big wedding with 14 or so attendants on each side. When we were walking in, I thought one of the musicians looked very familiar. After the wedding, I approached her and I did indeed know her. She was several years older than me but grew up in my hometown and actually played the piano for the church where I grew up. Her family meant so much to me after my mom died.


I took a picture of the flowers decorating the area above the bridal party - the flowers were so pretty!!


The reception was just down the road at the Lodge on Cocktail Slough. It was a beautiful location but it was soooo hot!!


There is an ice cream place here called Big Spoon Creamery and they had the bicycle cart filled with tiny cartons of ice cream. These two both love ice cream. Laura had Lemon Poppyseed (the couple's favorite) and Mark had Alabama Strawberry.


The live band was good!


These three guys are such good buddies.


The bride and groom - first dance.


The groom and his mom. We are all friends of the groom's parents.


The three buddies a few pictures above are missing one friend.
All four wives were able to attend but one husband was away on business. Since Mark and I had such a whirlwind of a day, we dressed for the recital and wore the same clothes to the wedding. I love the sandals I have on in the picture below, but I was so glad that I had left my birkenstocks in the car. On our way to the wedding, we stopped at a gas station/convenience store about 5 minutes away from the venue and went to the bathroom and I changed shoes and added make-up. After the wedding,  I drove home and it was an hour and 37 minute drive and I was happy to have on comfy birkenstocks.


What did you do this weekend?







 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great weekend! My daughter's dance recital is next weekend so it must be that time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend!! I love all the pictures you shared... especially that little one!! Thanks for sharing the fun and love!!

    ReplyDelete