Saturday, May 18, 2024

Sunday Stealing on a Saturday

Thanks to Bev and Swapbot for the Sunday Stealing questions!

1. What inspires you the most? I answered a similar question recently. I am inspired by the kindness of others. I am inspired when I see someone else do well. I am inspired by the beauty of nature around me. I am inspired by my faith.

2. How do you think the world will change in 20 years? I cannot even imagine what the world will be like in 2044. Surely there will be flying cars by then, right? I hope we, and those coming behind us, will start taking better care of the earth so that we will still have some natural resources left in 20 years.

In 20 years, our oldest granddaughter will be 28; our middle granddaughter will be almost 25; our newest granddaughter will be 20. I will be 85 and I will be approaching my 86th birthday. Mark will be approaching his 91st birthday. He might make it because his mother’s father lived until his 80’s and his mother’s mother lived to be 95. His mother will be 99 in July. He will probably outlive me.

3. Cats or dogs and why? We have a cat named Harvey who is a rescue and he is spoiled rotten. Our son and his family and Mark’s sister all have dogs. I like them ok. I very much dislike dog toenails. They always scratch me. I do love Glenn’s GSP’s soft ears and she likes me to rub them!!

4. What is the funniest memory from your childhood? Oh my goodness – you are asking me to think back a long time ago. This wasn’t funny at the time, and it probably shouldn’t be now, but we were playing kickball and one of the neighborhood guys and I fell at the same time and I broke his leg! When I was in high school and was joining some club, we had initiation and had to dress in pajamas and go to the mall. Once again, it wasn’t funny at the time (to me) but thinking back it is pretty funny.

5. Where do you not mind waiting? I don’t mind waiting in an air conditioned room with windows or in a “just the right temperature” outside spot if I have something to read. I-phones saved the day because I always have something to read at my fingertips. I don't like waiting in traffic or standing in a line in direct sunlight.

6. What was the best thing before sliced bread? Is this a literal question? Sliced bread has been around since way before I was born. I’m going to go with the creation of toilet paper and the creation of feminine hygiene products. I have no idea when they were created but those things changed life for the better!

7. What product would you stockpile if you found out they weren’t going to sell it anymore? Diet Pepsi . . .but actually, the drinks wouldn’t be good years down the road. When they get past the date, I can taste a difference. Thinking back to my answer to #6, I might stockpile toilet paper!! We love Dial soap (bar) for our showers so I might stockpile that, too!

8. What do you get every time you go grocery shopping? See answer to #7 – Diet Pepsis! I also usually get bananas, keto bread, another fruit that is in season, fresh veggies, lean meat.

9. What do people do too much of today? We probably all spend too much time on our phones and other devices. We also spend too much time worrying about what other people think. Maybe I should change the “we” to “I.”

10. Are you a GoodWill, or any second hand store customer? We have a consignment sale twice a year at our church – Lil Lambs. I have bought tons of children’s clothes for one of our granddaughters. My daughter-in-law and I don’t have the same taste so I don’t buy many things for our oldest granddaughter.

We give a LOT of stuff to the Salvation Army store because it is only a couple of miles from our house. I am not a big thrift/second hand store customer. In our last house, I did buy a wooden kitchen table at the Salvation Army store that I used for crafting.

11. How do you feel about the death penalty? I don’t feel that I, personally, have the right to take anyone else’s life.

12. Are there brands of certain items that you will ONLY buy that brand? paper towels, ketchup etc. I prefer Heinz ketchup, Diet Pepsi, Hope’s Granite and Hope’s Glass cleaner, Tylenol, and Motrin just to name a few.

13. What are some things that you will buy the Store brand, and find the quality to be great? I like the 99% fat free ground turkey from Aldi. I went this morning and they were sold out! There are several things at Aldi and Trader Jo’s that I like. There are also several things that are Good & Gather brand at Target that I will buy.

14. What is a Name brand item that really disappointed you recently? I can’t think of anything.

15. Do you wear glasses or contacts? I used to wear glasses and then contacts and about 20 years ago, I had Lasik surgery which was worth every single penny. Now I wear reading glasses from the drugstore.

6 comments:

  1. I probably won't be around in 20 years so am not going to worry about it. Flying cars? We were supposed to have them by now if you watched The Jetsons! LOL Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought we would have flying cars by now because of the Jetsons!!

      Delete
  2. I drink too much Diet Pepsi! I used to watch The Jetsons when it was BRAND NEW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im right there with ya on the conditon of our wonderful Earth that God created and the natural resources. Can you imagine flying cars? i 'll be 84 in 20 years so probably won't even be driving anyways...hahahah.

    I'm with you on the death penalty too although I kind of "went off" on that question. Oops. hahahha

    Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder what auto accidents will be like when there are flying cars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really don't want to be around when we have flying cars. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete