Sunday, May 26, 2024

It's a Birdy Sunday Stealing!

I am writing Sunday Stealing on Saturday morning. Thirty minutes ago I looked at the weather forecast and there was a slim chance of rain. Ten minutes ago . . .the rain began to pour from the sky. I feel sorry for those who try to predict the weather!

Thanks, as always, to Bev who steals our questions every week. This week the questions were stolen from SwapBot.

1. Have you ever been stung or bitten by an animal? I have been stung by a bee before. We also have lots of mosquitos here. Does a mosquito "bite" count? Harvey, our big cat, doesn't have front claws and when he wants to get your attention, he opens his mouth and gently puts his teeth on you. When you have old, thin skin . . .he sometimes breaks the skin. 

Our youngest nephew, who is a grown man now, was bitten by a dalmatian when he was a tiny boy. The dog took a chunk out of Thomas's ear. My sister-in-law was smart and bought a gentle dog so that he wouldn't be terrified of dogs.

2. Do you have a favorite bird? Do you feed the birds at your house or park? I love to watch birds. I don't know that I have a favorite. The state bird of Alabama is the Flicker and a Flicker is a handsome bird. Some people call the Flicker a "Yellowhammer."


We have a hummingbird feeder in our courtyard and I do enjoy watching them as they flit around. They are territorial little birds and will dive bomb others trying to come to their feeder. This is a highly magnified picture of one in the first photo. In the second photo, the hummingbird is sitting on the left of the feeder. He/she blends into the foilage! These birds are quite tiny. Have you ever heard their wings? They are actually quite loud!! Their feathers also are iridescent!


3. What is the last thing you said to somebody before replying to this question? Mark and I were just talking about snoring!

4. How do you get yourself ready to sleep at night? We watch an episode or two of whatever shows we are currently watching. We check our cat's litter box and clean it out. We floss and brush our teeth and we floss Harvey's teeth. (Video of flossing is below - I didn't want to video us in the bathroom!). I put my Apple Watch on the charger. We plug in the fan we keep in our bathroom. I set my alarm on my phone for 5:00 a.m. (except for Fridays and Saturdays) and I turn on the white noise app on my phone and put my phone on the charger. We say good night and I love you and we go to sleep!


5. When was the last time you wrote a proper letter? I have written several thank you notes recently and actually have one I need to write today. I don't think that counts as a full letter. 

6. What is the worst injury you have ever sustained? I guess it would be when I fell on the metal pier when we were on vacation a few years ago. I was walking quickly (for exercise) and evidently the toe of my shoe caught on a tiny crack. I fell face first on a metal pier. I didn't break the fall with my hands. It happened too quickly. Here are just two of the photos. We facetimed with our doctor. In hindsight, I should have gone to the hospital.

This was a few days after I fell.


This was over a week later.


7. If you could choose your career based strictly on what you think would be fun instead of your qualifications/salary/etc., what would it be? Mark would probably want to be a fishing guide or something like that! I would want to do something crafty - own a store and sell Silhouette cutters and supplies?

8. You can live on another planet, which one and why? I think I'll stay here on earth if that is ok.

9. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? I haven't eaten ice cream in years. When Mark and I were dating, a Chinese restaurant where he was living served coconut ice cream and it was divine! I've always loved strawberry ice cream and maybe the best is Mark's family's homemade vanilla. It is a cooked custard ice cream. Top it with Chilton County peaches and it is really good!!

10. What do you think of tattoos? Do you have any? I don't have any. I like small ones. I'm not as fond of whole sleeves or tattoos all over the face and neck. I actually went to a local tattoo artist and was going to have one put on my wrist (this was a few months ago). The young man was very nice and told me that what I wanted and the tiny size wouldn't work.

11. Are you very active or do you prefer to just relax in your free time? I ride my stationary bike at least 6 days a week . . usually 7. I usually ride for 30-35 minutes. Unless I'm sick, I always make my stand goal which is a minimum of standing up and walking 100 steps every hour. I do that anywhere from 12-16 times a day. I log at least 7,000 steps every day and my goal is 10,000. I do love to relax, too! I didn't feel very well yesterday - either a late spring cold/upper respiratory thing OR my allergies and asthma were on overdrive. I sat in the recliner a lot and read and napped. I rode the stationary bike in short spurts and only logged 24 out of 30 minutes of exercise, but I still stood during at least 17 hours and I had 9,408 steps. 

12. If you could bring back one TV show that was cancelled, which one would you bring back? I wish there were more episodes of Ted Lasso!!

13. Do you prefer to watch movies in the theater or in the comfort of your own home? We rarely watch movies. Mark can't sit still that long! I enjoy going to the theater. I also watch movies sometimes when Mark is at the farm.

14. If you opened a restaurant, what kind of food would you serve? Good question. I guess I would serve good Southern food. Maybe I could have a restaurant where I serve whatever I like - - sort of like the meals I fix the young adults on Tuesday night. I could have a chalkboard on the sidewalk and advertise what I was cooking that day! I don't think that is a good business plan but I'm just playing along with the questions!

15. If money were no object what would you do for your next birthday?? I'm going to add something to this question. If money and TIME were no object what would you do for your next birthday? My birthday is in a few weeks. I would be traveling somewhere in the world where I haven't been before. Scotland? England? France? Spain? Maybe Australia and New Zealand?? Or maybe I would book an around the world cruise on the Azamara (the ship we will be traveling on in October). Check out their world tour here!! 155 nights - 37 countries!! You said money was no object so I will book the Club Ocean Suite . . . or maybe the Owner's Suite.

12 comments:

  1. Yes, time is the reall villain of the birthday question, which, BTW, I added to my response after you pointed it out. My wife got a black eye by walking forward, but looking at someone she was talking to to her left in June or July 2022..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a nasty fall. Ouch!

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a major headache for a day or two!

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a nasty bruise! That was quite a fall. My birthday is in a few weeks, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've ever seen a Flicker before. What a lovely bird. Loved your comments about hummingbirds. And as for your fall...ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not heard of the Azamara Cruise company before ... but have bookmarked their website. Such a refreshing alternative to the mega party liners of today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!! I can't get past those photos of your poor face from that terrible fall. That cruise sounds amazing... and very expensive!! Fun answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like hummingbirds too. I like to watch them. Their nest are so small! You sure did hit hard, but at least you did not break anything. You did not go to the doctors? I admire all the steps you take. I use a fan at night too, year around. We even take fans when we travel. So where are you going in your cruise?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is always fun to read and learn new things about our blog friends.
    Golly me, your fall... I am glad you healed!
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete