Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Impressive Hodge Podge

I'm joining up with Joyce and the gang for the Wednesday hodgepodge! 

1. What impresses you?  I’m going with the first thing that popped into my head. Kindness often impresses me! Seriously! I love when I spot someone being kind to another person. I’m also impressed (and somewhat intimidated) by really smart people who know a lot and can talk intelligently about a subject.

2.  Where are you in your family birth order? Do you fit the stereotype of that particular slot? In what way? I am the baby. I definitely fit into the stereotypical role of the baby. I still love to get my way 😊. My two sisters would say that I still fit the stereotype.

3. What motivates you more-a reward or a consequence? Elaborate. My first thought was a reward, but after thinking on it . . .I think it might be that I’m motivated by consequences because I can be such a rule follower.

4. May 14th is National Buttermilk Biscuit Day. Who thinks biscuits deserve their own day? Do you like biscuits? Make your own? Grab one for breakfast at a drive-through now and then? Which drive-through makes the one you like best? What do you like to put on a biscuit? What's your favorite food or dish that calls for buttermilk? I didn’t know that biscuits had a day of their own. I do like biscuits. I can make angel drop biscuits, but I’ve never mastered the kind of biscuits my granny used to make. There are some great “frozen/pop in the oven” biscuits that you can purchase at the grocery store. I used to drive through different places and grab one every once in a while on the way to work. Jack’s used to have good ones. I think Hardees had good ones, too. Our Piggly Wiggly serves breakfast from the deli and they make a decent biscuit. You can get Conecuh sausage on it which is really good. When I used to go through the drive through, I would get a bacon and cheese biscuit or a sausage and cheese biscuit. My favorite food that calls for buttermilk is cornbread!!


5. Are there any weddings on your summer calendar? What's your favorite part of a wedding/wedding reception? We just went to a wedding a couple of weeks ago and I don’t know if we will be invited to any more this summer or not. I always love watching the groom’s face when the bride starts down the aisle. It is such a sweet moment!! I also enjoy watching the bride dance with her dad and the groom dance with his mom.

6. Insert your own random thought here. Look at our hydrangeas. They have the most spectacular blooms – multiple flowers on each stem. Aren't they impressive? Some of them are so heavy, they are causing the branch to bow toward the ground.




 

17 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful! I agree with you about the wedding. My son and wife just celebrated their 19th wedding anniversary and I still remember their beautiful wedding. It was a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm sorry it has taken me so long to respond!

      Delete
  2. The deer snacked on our hydrangeas early in the spring, but they have since leafed out again and will hopefully bloom. We're going to a wedding this weekend. I love everything about them but especially that father-daughter dance. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that deer liked hydrangeas! Our cat chewed on a leaf yesterday and threw up!

      Delete
  3. I have a hydrangea and while it is kind of scraggly, it is indeed blooming. I don't think it gets enough sun where it is but I think when they planted it, the neighbors' trees weren't as big!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do seem to need a fair amount of sunshine.

      Delete
  4. I'm thinking I didn't give enough thought to #3 ... I'm a rule follower, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those flowers are so pretty! I would want to look at them all day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying the beauty of the flowers!!

      Delete
  6. I don't have hydrangeas in my yard. I have always liked them. I don't think I have anywhere to put them.
    Enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to have some sort of flower growing in the yard. Mark is a great gardener!

      Delete
  7. I love your hydrangeas and that color!! Beautiful. I would plant some here but it would be a waste of money since the deer enjoy them too much! As long as your sisters still let you get your way I say, milk it!! Happy day to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce said the deer ate hers, too! I truly didn't know the deer liked them!

      Delete
  8. Hydrangeas are so beautiful. My granny had a yard full of white ones and she lovingly called them her snowballs. A fun Hodgepodge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard the white ones called snowball bushes!

      Delete
  9. I enjoyed reading your post. Your hydrangeas are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete