Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Weekend in Review

I'm running behind again. Thursday night, our daughter and son-in-law drove to Birmingham after work and attended a concert. They sneaked into the apartment around midnight and spent the night. Friday was our 39th anniversary and their 5th anniversary! I had to do a couple of things that morning so they slept in which is a treat with an almost four year old. We all went to lunch together at one of the restaurants downstairs from our apartment. Laura and Scott headed over to visit with grandmother and Uncle Bill.


Friday night, we had reservations at Perry's. When I made the reservations online, there was a space to check whether or not it was a special occasion. I checked anniversary! When we arrived, they asked for my phone and took a bunch of pictures for us. She even took a picture of the table decorations! Mark was a good sport and participated in the pictures (not his favorite thing to do). Mark's sister, Susie, and her husband, Bob, got married during the same year we married so we invited them to join us for our celebration. I failed to get a picture of all four of us.



On Saturday night, we went to a wedding at our church. It was a lovely wedding!


The reception was held in the ballroom of a very nice hotel - The Grand Bohemian. When we arrived, we were greeted by servers with platters of crab cakes and tiny egg rolls along with trays of champagne flutes. There was a grassy lawn right outside the space and located on the lawn was a full bar. 


I have no idea who that man is -- I took the picture (above) because those chandeliers were all over the room. They were gorgeous. The band was amazing but loud. The band members were all wearing sparkly clothes - both guys and girls - and I thought it was such a cool look.


Here is the sweet bride and her groom. You can't see it in this picture but the cake had piano keys on it. We are friends of the bride's family and don't know the groom. I need to find out if he plays the piano.


The flowers at the reception were also very lovely. There are three arches at the back of the stage and there were flower arrangements on all of the tables - some big arrangements; some smaller. We sat with a table of friends from church and had fun.

I worked on Sunday morning while Mark went to worship. I was able to sneak away long enough to hear our friend, Debbie, teach Sunday School. She did an amazing job. We ate lunch with family and I came home and meal prepped for my lunches and for Tuesday night Young Adults.

It is amazing to me that life continues on even when sad things are happening. There is joy in every day - sometimes we have to look for it.






2 comments:

  1. That was a beautiful wedding reception venue! Wow! Sounds amazing. Nice to have the kids with you for your anniversaries!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything about the wedding reception was beautiful!!!

      Delete