Wednesday, May 31, 2023

It's Wednesday . . . must be time for hodgepodge!

I'm joining up with friends for the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Thanks again to Joyce who comes up with our questions each week!

1. Do you know much about (or understand) Artificial Intelligence (AI)? Does it worry or excite you? I know a little about it. I think it is like many other things – it can be used for good . . .or it can be mis-used. A couple of our staff people did a funny video earlier in the spring using AI to write the skit lines. It was pretty good!

2. What was the last song you listened to? Your favorite movie soundtrack? What song always puts you in a good mood?  I haven’t listened to any music today. My favorite soundtrack from a movie would probably be Mama Mia. My favorite soundtrack from a production would be Wicked (I know you didn’t ask that!). Mandisa has a song she sings with Toby Mac – Good Morning! That song always puts me in a good mood!!

3. What were you doing ten years ago? Let’s see . . .10 years ago, I was 54 years old! I was working at Trinity UMC but wasn’t doing the job I do now. I was the Membership and Evangelism person. I knew our database backwards and forwards and knew a lot of our 3,000+ members by name (not so much now!). I wasn’t a Gran 10 years ago. I have no idea what was going on in our life that required such deep prayeers, but I wrote this post about praying on my knees.  We had not moved to our current home (current is the one that burned) and we were hosting the Young Adult group and I wrote about them here. Basically, we were living life!

4. Your favorite no-bake summer dessert? I don’t make a lot of desserts. I’ve been enjoying sugar free fudge pops already this year. I used to love to make a Key Lime pie or a Peanut Butter pie. Yum. I also love the four layer Chocolate Dessert but you do have to bake that crust. 

5. Something you're looking forward to in June? Hopefully, we will move back into our home toward the end of June.

6. Insert your own random thought here. We are headed to a wedding this weekend and I'm looking forward to the rehearsal dinner and wedding!

18 comments:

  1. I'm glad the house is moving along and hopefully you're in soon. It will be nice to spend summer in your own home. I had young adult children ten years ago (not married, no grands) and I remember that season as one of deep prayer too. They are making so many big decisions with life long consequences. These days I spend a lot of time praying for my grandchildren. What a world they are navigating. I love a wedding~enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - young adults are making so many big decisions!!

      Delete
  2. Weddings are always exciting. Hope you get to move back in at the end of June!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked reading your answers. I forgot about Mama Mia. Love the music from those movies. Your desserts sound yummy. Good luck with your move. Have a wonderful time at the wedding. Take Care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I read the words "Mama Mia," I start humming one of the songs in my head.

      Delete
  4. Living life ... that's a super answer! I also chose Mama Mia. Such a feel good movie/score! I don't much like dancing, but that always gets me on my feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mama Mia music does make you want to dance!!

      Delete
  5. Yes Mama Mia - but I always pull a blank when answering these questions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed my visit! Joyce gave us another fun Hodgepodge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce does a great job with the Hodgepodge!

      Delete
  7. Oh, yes, Momma Mia is awesome. I saw it on Broadway. Soooo happy you will be moving back into your house. Know it's been a LONG journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We saw Mama Mia at our "Broadway in Birmingham" series and it was amazing!!

      Delete
  8. So much changes in ten years, doesn't it? Praying that your move back into your house goes smoothly - how exciting! Even the little bit I know of the story, I do know it's been quite a journey for you. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol..just getting around to commenting on last weeks posts..yikes...Mama Mia has fun songs. I enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete