Saturday, May 13, 2023

Bless her heart Sunday Stealing

 I’m joining up with Bev at Sunday Stealing. She stole the questions from Kwizgiver for today. We answer and then link back up here. I’m answering and posting on Saturday because we are going to spend the day with friends and I might not have time later.

1. What is in the back seat of your car right now? Right now, there is very little in my back seat. There is a package of hangers for my closet and maybe a couple of pieces of paper and that is it. 

2. When was the last time you threw up? I don’t like to throw up. I don’t like to be around anyone when they are throwing up. I don’t like to talk about throwing up. The end.

3. What's your favorite word or phrase? I’m sure I have several – Bless her (or his) heart; It is what it is; Alrighty. I’m sure there are others that I say, too . . .like Sh*t :-). 

4. Name 3 people who made you smile today? I’m typing this on Saturday morning (early) and I’ve not encountered anyone yet BUT we are headed for 24 hours with some of our friends and I’m sure I will smile a lot.

5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? Like I said, I’m writing this early on Saturday morning so it isn’t even 8:00 yet where I live. Shortly after 8:00 a.m., we will be on the road to meet our friends.

6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? I was drying my hair!

7. What would constitute the perfect evening for you? These perfect questions always stump me. There are so many things that could go into a perfect evening. Sometimes having a good meal at home with my hubby and watching Ted Lasso constitutes a perfect evening. Sometimes spending time with good friends eating and having a beverage makes the perfect evening. Sometimes being at Camp Sumatanga for an overnight retreat is the perfect evening. Most perfect evenings would include other people that I enjoy being around and quite often food and beverages and perfect weather.

8. Have you ever been to a strip club? I think that WAY BACK WHEN . . .A LONG TIME AGO . . .I did go to a strip club. I have a vague fuzzy memory of one. I have a very clear memory of going to a bar in Pensacola when I was around 20 or 21 (18 was legal back then). We went with some folks we had met at the beach and it was a drag show. They weren’t stripping but were dressed in beautiful clothes with amazing make-up and they were wonderful entertainers. I was with my long time friends – Kaye, Faye, and Karen.

9. What is the last thing you said aloud? I thought you were at the store! I thought Mark had gone to the store to get a lemon but he had only gone to take the trash out.

10. What is the best ice cream flavor? I don’t eat ice cream anymore BUT I do love some homemade vanilla ice cream. Our family (Mark’s family) makes the kind where you cook the custard on the stove and chill overnight and then freeze in the ice cream freezer. It is so good. From the grocery store, I love a good Butter Pecan or a really good Strawberry. I also like Mayfield Moosetracks. Yum!

11. What was the last thing you had to drink? I’m drinking a Diet Pepsi as I type. 

12. What are you wearing right now? I’m wearing Birkenstocks that I bought in Germany last summer along with a skort from Bass Pro Shop and a summer shirt from Ann Taylor Loft Outlet. I bought the skort and shirt to take on the trip where I ended up buying the Birkenstocks!

13. What was the last thing you ate? For breakfast I ate two slices of Lewis Keto bread with a squirt or two of mustard with 2 ounces of Hillshire Farms thinly sliced ham and one slice of Kraft 2% sliced cheese. I know that sounds like a weird breakfast but I’m not a conventional breakfasts person.

14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? I bought a new full slip. Yes, I still like to wear slips.

15. When was the last time you ran? We went out to dinner on Thursday night and as we were leaving the restaurant, it started to rain. We “trotted” to the car but I think we did quite well!! We both walk or ride the stationary bike every day but I’m not sure either of our knees would hold up for actual running for exercise.

 

6 comments:

  1. Diet Pepsi is a terrible thing to drink. It was also MY answer to the same question,!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Butter Pecan on my favorite list too.
    I'm surprised at how many people drink Diet Pepsi. I'm a coke person and really don't like the taste of Pepsi (and yes, I can tell the difference!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big fan of ice cream, but you had me at 'cooking custard.' Not sure I wouldn't have to drink it first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like Coca Cola or Pepsi and the diet versions are even worse. Does that make me weird?

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband used to eat pizza for breakfast, so your breakfast doesn't sound weird to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a pretty tasty breakfast to me!

    ReplyDelete