Saturday, May 20, 2023

Sunday Stealing

 I'm joining up with the gang over at Sunday Stealing.

1. When you tell a story, do you often exaggerate? Once upon a time . . .yes, I exaggerate, doesn’t everyone?

 

2. If a friend were almost always late, would you resent it or simply allow for it? We have a family member that is always late. For years, we allowed it and some resented it. Now, except for very special occasions, we just go ahead with whatever we said we were doing at whatever time.

 

3. Can you be counted on to be on time? Yes, Mark and I are usually early to events.

 

4. When did you last yell at someone?  Why? I’m sure I probably yelled at someone yesterday. I don’t think I’ve yelled at anyone so far today (Saturday morning at 7:30 a.m.). We are loud talkers at our house so sometimes it sounds like yelling when it isn’t.

 

5. If you could have free, unlimited service for five years from an extremely good cook, chauffeur, housekeeper, masseuse, or personal secretary, which would you choose? I just answered this question on Wednesday from the Hodgepodge questions. I have a great housekeeper. I have a great massage therapist. I get car sick so I don’t want to ride in the back of a chauffeured car. I don’t need a personal secretary. I like to cook but I guess I would choose cook because I wouldn’t have to think about “what’s for dinner tonight”?

 

6. Would you be willing to go to a slaughterhouse and kill a cow?  Do you eat meat? I do eat meat. I like meat. I don’t really like to think about who gave their life for my meat. If I were starving I MIGHT be able to kill the animal. We actually have steak and hamburger in our freezer from a friend’s farm and in the past, have purchased ½ or ¼ of a cow (not in a long time).

 

7. Do you feel ill at ease going alone to either dinner or a movie?  What about going on a vacation by yourself? I’ve been to a movie and I’ve been in a restaurant by myself. I was comfortable going to the movie because I’m not going to be talking to anyone during the movie anyway. I usually take a book to read (or these days, a book on my phone) if I’m eating in a restaurant alone. I’ve traveled for work or for a conference by myself before but that isn’t a vacation. I’ve often thought it might be nice to rent a small condo on the beach and go by myself but I’m not sure it would be fun. I think I might get lonely.

 

8. Would you like to be famous?  In what way? I want to be remembered as someone who cared for others, who loved well, and who laughed a lot. I’m not sure I’m living up to either of the first two aspirations. I think that is as “famous” as I would like to be. I’ve always said I would love to be remembered as a philanthropist but I would have to come into some big money to do that.

 

9. Would you rather play a game with someone more or less talented than you?  I like to win!

 

10. Is there something you've dreamed of doing for a long time?  Why haven't you done it? I want to ride in a hot air balloon. We have plans to do that in October 2024. I also want to do a zip line. I need to set that up. I will be 65 in June – maybe that is what I will do for my birthday!

 

11. If you were at a friend's house for Thanksgiving dinner and found a dead cockroach in your salad, what would you do? How close is this friend? If my closest friends, I would probably tell them so everyone could stop eating their salads. I’m afraid I might blurt out, “oh gross” before I could catch myself!!

 

12. Would you accept $10,000 to shave your head and continue your normal activities sans hat or wig without explaining the reason for your haircut? It depends on how much I needed the money. Without explaining would be the hardest part for me.

 

13. If you were able to wake up tomorrow in the body of someone else, would you do so?  Whom would you pick? I would like to keep my body but could I wake up tomorrow without any aches and pains and be at my goal weight with all of the flabbiness removed??

 

14. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?

 

15. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about? Maybe not at the moment, but usually after the fact, I can joke about most anything. I might not be able to joke about something humiliating like a bathroom accident. I probably wouldn’t be able to joke about a tragic death. I have found that humor is a good healer for me.

I have this weird problem. My mouth sometimes smiles at inappropriate times. Does anyone else do that? I have to be careful in serious situations.

13 comments:

  1. Interesting questions this week and I enjoyed your thoughtful answers! Have a blessed Sunday and week ahead!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a great day at church tomorrow!!

      Delete
  2. What fun, candid answers! I can't remember having yelled at anyone in the last few years. Out-loud, that is. No, my loud-mouthed pups are normally on the receiving end.
    I love the way in which you express yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm laughing at the fact that you haven't "yelled" at anyone "out loud." I told someone the other day that I'm going to be the old lady in the nursing home (hopefully, a long time from now) who cusses up a blue streak because I think it but don't say it!! When those filters are gone, look out!

      Delete
  3. I like your answer to #13. That fits me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stealing the questions every week!!

      Delete
  4. Your answer to #8 is especially lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a tendency to smile at inappropriate times, too. I'm not sure why it happens, but it does. And I will be 60 in June, but so far I have no plans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your answer to #9 made me smile because it was so candid and honest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like heights so hot air balloon would scare me but I HAVE ziplined - 200 feet above a 200 foot waterfall! Somehow I managed. My dad wants to do that and he's 73 so you could totally.

    ReplyDelete