Sunday, May 28, 2023

Sunday Stealing

I’m joining up with our Sunday Stealing folks. This week’s questions are from Kwizgiver. Thanks to Bev for finding the questions each week!

1. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive through? It depends. If we are travelling and I need to use the restroom, we park and go in . . .and I usually buy a diet coke because we used their facilities 😊. I don’t eat a lot of fast food but when (if) I do, I usually drive through. My husband hates drive throughs of all kinds – food, bank, drugstore. He always prefers to park and go in. Not me.

 

2. Have you ever lost anything down a toilet? Over the years, I dropped a few things in that we’ve had to retrieve but I’ve never flushed anything down.

 

3. Do you have a dog? We do not have a dog. We have a cat who acts like a dog. He comes when you call him. He follows us around like a dog. He LOVES to sit in our laps.

 

4.  Ever go camping? I’ve been two or three times in my life. One time I went with a guy I was dating. We camped on top of a mountain and people were hang gliding off the top. Mark and I were talking about our camping trip last night! We weren’t married yet and had not been dating long. Our singles group at church went to Mt. Cheaha (north Alabama) for the weekend. Mark, his twin brother-George, and I drove up together and we were all three car sick by the time we got there! It was a rough drive that day. I’m trying to remember if I’ve camped any other times. Staying at our farmhouse is sort of like camping.

 

5. Have you met anyone famous? I’ve only met one “famous” person – Jerry Clower was on a plane with us when we were flying home from Hawaii a million years ago. Mark’s daddy loved Jerry Clower and I got his autograph for him. We flew on another plane with Ephrem Zimbalist, Jr. We saw Simone Biles in the airport and were sitting at the same gate. That’s about it!

 

6. Any plans today? I’m writing on Saturday night and Mark is over at his mom’s staying the night with his mom and brother . . .taking a turn with caregiving. My big plans for the evening include a little more studying and reading a book and riding the stationary bike.

 

7. Are you happy? I am joyful. There is a difference. It has been a tough year and I think things will continue to be tough regarding Mark’s mom and his brother. We have wonderful moments of happiness and we are hopefully getting our house back by the end of June which makes me happy.

 

8. Where are you right now? I’m sitting at the island on a bar stool typing . . .in the apartment which has been our home since last July.

 

9. Biggest annoyance in your life right now? I’m actually not willing to share that.

 

10. Last song listened to? I have no idea. I just went to pick up BBQ at Moe’s BBQ and they were playing great music but I have no idea the name.

 

11. Last movie you saw? I saw a portion of Just Getting Started a couple of weeks ago (on TV). I need to watch the whole thing. The last movie I saw in the theater was Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.

 

12. Are you allergic to anything? Yes, I’m allergic to cats (I know – I have one), dogs, grass, trees, feathered friends, mold, and dust. I take allergy meds every day. I get two allergy shots every month. I use a prescription nasal wash (3 meds plus saline mixed in a squirt bottle with distilled water) every day at least once (supposed to use it twice . . .doesn’t always happen). I carry an epi pen with me at all times. I’m also allergic to codeine.

 

13. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? I bought two pair of Birkenstocks when we were in Germany last summer and I wear them all of the time. The other pair is shiny gold.



 

14. What do you think of when you think of Australia? Kangaroos . . .and Outback . . .and didgeridoos . . .and really cool accents . . . and most of all, I would love to go there.

 

15. Do you use smiley faces on the computer a lot? I use smiley faces way too often.

 

21 comments:

  1. Your insight about joyful was spot on! I was very fond of Wakanda Forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wakanda Forever is not my "usual" type of movie but I loved it!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed your answers. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of Jerry Clower. Being allergic to cats would be terrible for me because they walk all over me and I would be sneezing all the time. Thankfully it is only hay fever in June - and my eyes are starting to itch now.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a southern comedian - sort of country western?? I have a cat and am allergic and my ENT has made me promise not to replace him when he dies . . .which will probably be a long time from now.

      Delete
  4. I prefer drive thru also. My husband has started ordering on the apps and going to the pick up space for those orders. It is nice they have fast ways to get food. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to pre-order chick-fil-a on their app and go park in the space and let them bring it to the car.

      Delete
  5. The Birkenstocks can last a lifetime!!

    I wish you a lot of strength dealing with the "heavy"partss of life. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope my Birkenstocks last many many years!!

      Delete
  6. I would like to try Birkenstocks but never have. I am so glad to hear that you are close to returning to your home! That must be a relief after this past year. I know it has been rough (if I never mentioned it, my parents house burned down, so I sort of know what you've been through, though it wasn't my house).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birkenstocks are so comfortable!! Were your parents able to rebuild? Was it a long process, too?

      Delete
  7. Love your response to #7! I'd like to claim 'joyful' but 'optimistic' is probably more accurate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I took the Gallup Strengths Assessment, positivity was my #1 strength. I am thankful for that strength! Optimism is good, too!!

      Delete
  8. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to buy something if I go in a place to use the restroom. Every cat I've ever had has acted more like a dog except for the last one, which was a Maine Coon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Maine Coon cats are so beautiful!! How big was (is?) yours?

      Delete
  9. Fun and pretty easy-to-answer questions this week!! I enjoyed your answers and am so excited for you that your home will be ready in another month!! Yippee!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad your house is coming along. Fast food is my guilty pleasure. I actually allow myself two Big Mac meals a year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have special times of the year when you allow yourself the two Big Mac meals?

      Delete
  11. I'm a Birkenstock Girl, too. That heel well is good for my feet.

    ReplyDelete