Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Don't pick your nose in public HodgePodge

I'm joining up with the Hodgepodge gang this morning. Joyce writes the questions. We answer. Want to join us? We would love to hear your answers?

1. What surprises you the most about people? A lot surprises me these days! It surprises me when I see someone berating a sales person or waitstaff in a restaurant. It surprises me when someone extends grace or extra kindness to me. I’m often surprised by people’s political leanings – especially the ones who think their opinion matters more than anyone else’s opinion.

2. Would you rather have a chauffeur, nanny, gardener, maid, personal shopper or cook? Tell us why that one? Could I have everyone but a nanny and a chauffeur, please? Actually, I have a maid and I love having a maid and I love our maid. When we both worked full time, she came every week. I’ve even had her come to clean the apartment some because I don’t want to lose her. She teaches school by day (has her Master's degree) and cleans a couple of homes after school. She cleaned full time for a while so she could work her hours around her son andhis activities. I think she only cleans for me and one other person now in addition to her day job. I guess I have a “gardener” because Mark does the yard work. I probably don’t really want a chauffeur because I get car sick if I have to ride in the back. I would love a cook who would make 3 meals a day plus snacks – all WW (Weight Watchers) friendly. I sometimes have a personal shopper – I often use Shipt and I really love Carly. She is my favorite. I also have a friend who works at Talbots and she has helped me find several things!!

3. May 18th is National Notebook Day. No idea what that means but let's run with it anyway. What's something you currently keep in a notebook? Have you seen the movie The Notebook? On a scale of 1-5 how does it rate? (5=a favorite, can watch and re-watch and re-watch again) I love a good notebook. I have been using notebooks to take notes for my classes. I use a steno notebook for my everyday “to do” lists and I order those in a six pack so when I run out, I just grab another. Mark has been keeping a construction running total in another notebook. I think I saw The Notebook or at least read the book. I can’t rate it because I can’t remember for sure.

4. Do you like mushrooms? Last dish you made or ate that had mushrooms on the ingredient list? Your favorite dish that calls for mushrooms? I like mushrooms - sort of. They aren’t my favorite vegetable but I like them enough. I like fresh ones in a spinach salad. I like them sauteed with onions on top of a hamburger patty. I have a stuff mushroom recipe that I like. I used to make them often. I also remember battering and frying mushrooms and serving them with a horseradish based sauce. I did like those. I remember frying them in a "fry baby." Did anyone else have one of those back in the early 80's? One time we were eating in some restaurant and I ordered a pasta with a mushroom sauce . . .and I looked at Mark and said, “it tastes too mushroomy.” Duh!

5. What would you say is the most annoying thing people do in public? Pick their nose is my first answer – yuck!! The next one would be that I hate to see men “adjust themselves.” I have no idea if that is how I should say that or not (blushing). I am also not very big on PDA so I don’t really like to see folks all over each other in public either.

6. Insert your own random thought here. The days are getting so long here in Alabama. I love having daylight until almost 8:00 p.m.

17 comments:

  1. I love this extra daylight too. It's so nice to go out in the evening while it's still light. Ah yes, people who are certain their opinion is the only correct opinion. There are a lot of them around these days. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy the later light also; it's one of my favorite summer things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The light is one of my favorite things about summer, too!

      Delete
  3. Yes, the extra daylight has been wonderful here, too. Cracking up about the mushroom sauce being too mushroomy! :) Sounds like you have a great maid! Hope the rest of the week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what I thought the mushroom sauce was GOING to taste like hahaha!

      Delete
  4. Great response to #1! Since they didn't include masseuse as a choice, I'd have to go with chauffeur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a massage therapist who comes to the church once or twice a month and we can get a chair massage for $1 per minute plus tip. It is worth every cent.

      Delete
  5. LOL - yep picking the nose ranks up there with flossing at the table. I live in a very hot DRY climate - sometimes our humidity is under 10% so I see people picking their noses all the time.

    Great answers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think "adjusting themselves" sounds nice, I probably couldn't have thought of a way to say that nicely. :o))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is one of those things that we shouldn't even have to name haha!

      Delete
  7. I laughed at your answer to #5 but I agree - men shouldn't be "adjusting themselves" in public, and women really shouldn't be adjusting their assets in public either! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have my Fry Baby anymore. Now I just have an air fryer but haven't tried mushrooms in the air fryer!! I am sitting her chuckling to think the appliance was named a Fry Baby and a Fry Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, I totally agree on the picking the nose and adjusting themselves...nobody wants to see either of those! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed your answers...my youngest daughter still will pick mushrooms out of everything...lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really good responses. I get tickled when some of these big ball players - NFL, MLB, NBA - will be caught on camera adjusting themselves. They look so ridiculous. Like little boys.

    Isn't it sad that we are truly surprised when someone goes the extra mile or says something especially nice to us? I had a woman compliment me on my outfit in the women's restroom today. Blown away!!

    ReplyDelete