Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Hodgepodge!!

As always, thanks to Joyce for the questions to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. Answer on your own blog, then join us here to add your link to the party. If you don't want to do the whole post, feel free to answer in the comments.

1. What's something you 'may' do this month? We “may” go to our friend’s farmhouse over Mother’s Day weekend. I so hope we get to go. It will depend on the weather. We need a weekend without rain. Mark and I need a weekend with friends. We went a few years ago and had a blast!!

2. "All things seem possible in May"~Edwin Way Teale. Do you agree? Elaborate. If not May, then in which month if any would you say all things seem possible? I don’t think things are more possible in May than any other time. If I were to pick a time when things seem possible, I might pick January and August (back to school).

3. April showers bring May flowers...is this true where you live? What's your favorite color of the rainbow? Your favorite May bloom? Do you enjoy visiting gardens? What's a 'famous' garden you'd like to visit? Flowers start blooming in Alabama in February and March. We have dogwoods blooming in March and April. My favorite color of the rainbow – wow, I love lots of colors! I love red and orange. I love bright blue. I love pink (are we talking a full spectrum rainbow or just the ROY G BIV?). Purple is not my favorite but it is ok. I do enjoy visiting gardens but rarely do so. We have a nice Botanical Garden here in Birmingham and we have Aldridge Gardens. In Mobile (several hours south), we have Bellingrath Gardens. I’ve been to all of them but not in quite a few years. I’m going to add this to my list of things to do soon! I can’t see the gardens I would like to see . . . because they no longer exist, but I would love to have seen the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.

Forsythia usually blooms here in February

You might not think of this as a "garden" but I've been to the Garden of Gethsemane.



4. Are you a fan of the Star Wars series of films? If so how many have you seen? (I think there are 12) Are you a fan of the sci-fi genre in general, in either books or movies? What's your favorite sci-fi book or movie? May the fourth be with you! (and also with you) – This is a “church/star wars” play on “May the Lord be with you.” I am not a fan of the Star Wars series but have seen at least one. I’m not a big fan of Sci-Fi and neither is my husband.

5. Cinco de Mayo lands on Friday of this week...do you enjoy Mexican food? How often? Do you eat out or make your own? Your favorite thing to order in a Mexican restaurant? Have you ever been to Mexico? I love Mexican food. I would eat it every week if I could. I prefer to eat it out. Last night, we had Taco Tuesday for our group of Young Professionals. Mark cooked 8 pound of Taco Meat and I cooked 2.5 pounds of chicken. I made a big pot of black beans and a pot of corn. We had “melted cheese” and lettuce and tomatoes and shredded cheese and homemade guac along with chips and soft tortillas.



6. Insert your own random thought here. I hated guac until I was in my 40’s. I had some that my sister-in-law, Alice, made and fell in love with it! Do you love or hate guac?

8 comments:

  1. I love guac and always have. My husband, on the other hand, did not and didn't want to even try it but I worked him down and now he ASKS for it. I do make a good one though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bowl of guac looks SO good; I've always loved it. I hope your visit to the farmhouse happens, sooner rather than later. Good times spent with friends is so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I also make the "and also with you" joke every time someone says "May the force be with you" ;-) I am not a fan of guac at all and always ask for it on the side if it comes with a dish I order so I can just have a couple of nibbles and be done with it. I hope you're able to get away for the Mother's Day weekend! Happy Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! My mom makes the best and I copy her recipe and it's delish. Guacamole is one of my favorite foods. We had a weekend with friends last weekend and it is good for the soul. I hope you can make yours happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow sounds like you cooked up a feast. I do not like avocado so it's a no to guacamole for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of guac. Will have to look into it. I do love Mexican food. I enjoyed reading your answers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was using guac as an abbreviation for guacamole. Thanks for commenting!!

      Delete
  7. Oh my! I could eat guacamole all day long..how did I not think of that for my post. Lol

    ReplyDelete